Keeping It Clean (And Cozy!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquidfire3

Hey 405th, {Cortana here, reporting with another Halo sewing project. This time I made an ODST fleece blanket for my fiance!

P1010022.jpg

P1010023.jpg

P1010024.jpg

The blanket base itself is constructed from two layers of Anti-Pill fleece, which like it's name states, doesn't get all those nasty little "pilly things" all over it after washing. The ironic thing about this blanket is when I went to Joanns to buy the fleece, I knew I didn't want to use a bright green, I wanted to find a more subtle, army-like green. What did I find? A green fleece that is actually called "Rifle Green"! :lol

This was one big project since I had to measure, draw, and cut out all those pieces in a very precise way in order for it to turn out so good, and it was all free-handed with only the Keep It Clean wallpaper as reference. I satin stitched the pieces to the blanket with my new sewing machine, creating an embroidery-like look, but without all the hassle. I have to say, I am quite proud of the job I did on this one, and I plan to make more later on in different Halo designs, such as player logos and such. I might be making a couple more just like this one to sell in the next couple months, so I'll keep you all informed. ;)

You can also check out my blog entry on my site! Liquidfire's Blog

</{Cortana out.>

This is pure win... I love this. Gotta have one for the spare room... Wish the wife would let me put it in our bed room but I don't see that happening...

Awesome job...

~Walter

Stonewall said:
Hehe... I want one!

Very nice job... Wish I had *better* sewing skills.

---Stonewall

Lol, thanks! If I get enough requests for these, I might just do a run of them, and let people choose which facial expressions they want. ;)

Spase said:
This is pure win... I love this. Gotta have one for the spare room... Wish the wife would let me put it in our bed room but I don't see that happening...

Awesome job...

~Walter

Thanks so much! Glad you think so. :D

Hehe, if you really want one, lemme know, I'm considering doing a run of these for the 405th. ;) Haha, well the spare room is better than nothin I guess. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex spartan177 said:
Really nice job, I wish I had the sewing skills and time to do that :lol

I wish I had a girlfriend who made stuff like that for me. :lol Or a girlfriend who at least liked Halo. :) ...come to think of it, I just wish I had a girlfriend. :(

Anyways! The blanket looks terrific (I try not to over-use the word "awesome", but it's really hard on this forum...). Judging from the pictures I certainly wouldn't have guessed it was hand made.

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks very comfortable!

I really hope you make a run of these. It would make my room pop more in a good way.

-Pony

That's amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want one but I don't have the mad sewing skillz lol. I would buy one but I'm so brok that I can't afford the "e" lol.

Bridge toll accepted... Wait, I mean, amazing. That's... I can't think of any words to describe this that normal people would understand. (No one really knows what Deculture means anymore)

If you did a run, and I had the money, I would buy one.

haha nice :)

btw does he sleep at the keep it clean part? xD Wierd question maybe. But i'm wondering if you meant something with it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back