Kirrou's Odst Build Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow man I remember seeing this a while back when I first joined, I shouldve bookmarked it then (but I didn't know about that til like a week ago)

anyways love the way you modded your helmet and I wanna see it when its finished

SpartanM064 said:
Kirrou,

I think that's a great idea! I download, and am currently building your chestplate file and... Wow! This piece is fantastic. The build is easy to follow, and I don't find myself wondering where I left off when coming back to it from homework, lol. I'm looking forward to trying out your shoulder peice, and promise to send pics when my build is finished. In the meantime, definitely get your files up in the Creation threads. There are some amazing artists in there and I believe you deserve a seat amongst them. VERY clean work, Sir.

Best Wishes,

-M

Nobody said:
Looking good! I would definitely put links in the ODST pep thread.

rvb18 said:
once more, another damn fine model

Shaymin Sky said:
You've got my two thumbs up, sir!

Lol thank you guys for all the love. Really glad you these files are helping out. I ended up posting a thread in the Pepakura forum just for them. Link So any questions or links to pics or builds please post in there thanks. Lol

SchizophrenicMC said:
Hot mah damn. That is some good Pep. You been doing this long?

The Armor stuff no. Lol I have only been doing that for a couple of months. But the 3D stuff yes. I was originally studying 3D animation before I moved on to graphic design which is my main focus now. Oh as for the unfolding I am pretty new to it. The chest plate was the first thing I really did but knowing 3D Studio Max really helps transition into other 3D software.

Build stuff: Got caught up with life today so not much progress but resined my shoulder plate some more and refining my sewing technique. Made a pretty sweet glove... More on that later. lol (Remember sewing is only for true MANLY men. Lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
Why have I not seen this thread before? :eek

Absolutely amazing. Beautiful pepakura files, excellent build! Thank you soooo much for making these files, these are a lot better than the others out there.

Nice work, K! I really like the look of your models! I have been trying out different chest plates and shoulders, and I believe yours are the smoothest looking ones yet! I am printing now! Keep up the good work! Do you plan to model and unfold the rest of the pieces?

I will definitely be watching your thread!

Well I just finished resining the chestplate a couple days ago, so I am going to get to fiberglassing it tommorow. :)

Here are the pics of my chestplate fiberglassed! :)
0bimg2301mj
0bimg2303tj

Spartan5511 said:
Looks like I've found a new project.

Great work and files!

edit: Oops, didnt see the date of the last post...

Haha thanks. And no worries I am past due on an update anyway. Life just got in the way the last few months. Lost a job, found a new job and am still going to school. But I miss the build. I am still finishing up the helmet and the chest is about %85 or %90 percent done. I'll edit this a little later and post some update pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like you've done a lot of good quality work on this. It looks great and I can't wait to see it completed

Good luck,

Jake

I'm assuming that you have tried the helmet and it fits on your head. My question is what is the circumference of your head? I want to get and idea on scaling for when I do the tester helm.

Hey Kirrou I'm wondering if you ever got to rundown on releasing the permutation of your helm to the forums. I love your work so far!

Thanks!

This is sweet! That floodlight would be pretty handy to have. Even if you don't rig up the IR.

And the fact that it's custom will have fans at conventions pulling a Mickey: "What the hell kinda armor was he wearing?"

UPDATE: (Finally)

Ok so guys this one is for the Phoenix group. I met you all today and you guys are cool people. I am really glad we all had a chance to meet up.

NUMBER 04! Lol this is for you. You know who you are.

Kirrou_odsts_comp.jpg

I decided to play around with photoshop and mock up what my finale ODST would look like and this is what I got. I made the emblem on the chest from the legendary symbol from halo 3. And also took some inspiration from some bungie concept art for the rest of the decals. I'll probably change the rank when I figure it out a little more later on.

On to the real stuff...

Ok so first things first. I have been busy modeling new HD ODST pep files so the progress on my build has been slow but now that I feel I am at a good point. I am going to concentrate on the actual peping an building of my armor and then model other parts as I get to them. Check out my ODST Pep Thread at the bottom of my signature.

The Chest Plate:
chest_05.jpg

Its been while since I showed it last and is probably the closed part I have to completion. I am really happy with this one.

Shoulder Plates:
shoulders_03.jpg

I made one and hardened it (thats what she said lol) but have not really done much since. Though recently I modeled a new pep that is two piece so it can hinge. I peped that now too.

Helmet(s):
helmet_12.jpg

helmet_11.jpg

helmet_13.jpg

Though I have been working on this part the longest. I still have a long way to go to get it to where I want it to be. Sculpting with bondo is turning out to be tougher than I thought.

I also ended up modeling a new Rookie Helmet Pep. Though I did make a tester. I didn't compare it to the original I was working on and thought it was too small. So when I made the HD version I made it too big. Crap.
helmet_14.jpg

So i am going to rescale and retry. I am going to keep working on my original rundown k1 custom build but I am also going to go for a standard ODST bucket using the model I made.

Forearm:
forearm_finished_pep_01.jpg

forearm_finished_pep_02.jpg

forearm_finished_pep_03.jpg

(these pics were taken with my webcam hence the sub-par quality)
Modeled and actually pep this bad boy. And I can't wait to have it done. It took me for ever to model cause it was so detailed. But the pep turned out to be a breeze. Also super happy with this one. I'll post up more pics soon.

So now what?
So the game plan is this. I am going to pep the other forearm and new HD Helmet. Harden and get all parts completely finished. Then Move on to the lower half of the body. Modeling the Shins and thighs. Along with sowing up some soft armor for the stomach pouches and crotch plate.

Let me know what you guys think. Wow that was long. Lol

that custom job is awesome!
im loving your name on the chest plate :D

and that forearm is looks perfect!
sucks about the helmet though, scaling is a pain for them hey ^^

cant wait to see it finished!

Hey Kirrou I'm wondering if you ever got to rundown on releasing the permutation of your helm to the forums. I love your work so far!

Thanks!

He said it was cool so long as I gave him credit but I was not happy with the model itself so I will probably remodel it and release a new one in the future.

This is sweet! That floodlight would be pretty handy to have. Even if you don't rig up the IR.

And the fact that it's custom will have fans at conventions pulling a Mickey: "What the hell kinda armor was he wearing?"

Lol yeah I am still planing on the flood light but the IR's probably will not happen. After a lot of research I found that the human eye can't pick up the IR spectrum alone. You would need a device(camera) of some kind to pic it up, then something else to display it (little monitor). And I couldn't find a practical way of putting it all inside the helmet which is what I really wanted to do.

that custom job is awesome!
im loving your name on the chest plate :D

and that forearm is looks perfect!
sucks about the helmet though, scaling is a pain for them hey ^^

cant wait to see it finished!

Lol thanks nat. I am really uber happy with the forearms. Lol I am going to start peping the second one today or tomorrow. And yeah lesson learn on the helmet. Lol But oh well if it makes my armor better I don't mind putting the extra time into it.

Thanks for the props nat I see how fast and badass you made you Mark VI and now the Kat build and it just inspires me to keep mine going. So good luck to you too.

I have an idea for that IR mod :D
You could make a bigger helmet, pad the -BLAM- out of it, and hide an IR camera here
Kirrouodsthelmmod.jpg
and put a screen in front of the visor which you can remove with bolts and put two rechargeable battery packs for the screen in the ear pieces for it :D

the suit looks great man, i love your work and have one of your shoulders in my garage ready to be hardened. I'm glad the meeting went well, keith and roxy had nice thing to say about you- too bad I had to work. I'll catch you at the next one hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back