L3X's File Database

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sliced files are meant to be made using standard cardboard. Cut out the templates, trace them onto the cardboard, cut those out, and then glue them all together to form a nice starting point for some bondo work.

My sliced files are meant to be made using standard cardboard.

okay i'm going to sound like a retard so do feel free to beat me with a blunt object for this.

But what is "standard" when it comes to cardboard? is there a way to buy plain sheets of it i've missed?
I've always wanted to try my hand at some sliced models but never knew where to start and tutorials seem scarce... closest one i'd seen was using ply wood and thats a bit on the expensive and difficult side :/ Cardboard sounds nice and easy to start, but i've honestly no clue whats considered "standard" in this since i've seen so many different thicknesses...

okay i'm going to sound like a retard so do feel free to beat me with a blunt object for this.

But what is "standard" when it comes to cardboard? is there a way to buy plain sheets of it i've missed?
I've always wanted to try my hand at some sliced models but never knew where to start and tutorials seem scarce... closest one i'd seen was using ply wood and thats a bit on the expensive and difficult side :/ Cardboard sounds nice and easy to start, but i've honestly no clue whats considered "standard" in this since i've seen so many different thicknesses...

Haha, I asked the completely same thing in this thread weeks ago. Apparantly standard cardboard is meant to be 3mm thick, although I doubt there's a real standardisation for cardboard.

Haha, I asked the completely same thing in this thread weeks ago. Apparantly standard cardboard is meant to be 3mm thick, although I doubt there's a real standardisation for cardboard.

TBH i saw that but didn't recall if it was ever replied too..
3mm thick huh.. i can work with that as a standard :)
now to find out if i can buy sheets, or just have to go with boxes since those are easy enough to come buy in diff thicknesses and sizes.. tbh think i have my TV's box out in the garage, i think that was about that thick... would be enough there for at least one test run :)

Hello, first of all thanks for all the amazing files that are in this tread.
second I need some foam files that are not in this tread and was wondering if anyone could give me some advise where to find them.
I am looking for the Carter left shoulder, the halo reach boots, the Para knee's and the carter chest attachments.

please tell me where to find them so I can start my build
thanks already!

Hello, first of all thanks for all the amazing files that are in this tread.
second I need some foam files that are not in this tread and was wondering if anyone could give me some advise where to find them.
I am looking for the Carter left shoulder, the halo reach boots, the Para knee's and the carter chest attachments.

please tell me where to find them so I can start my build
thanks already!

Probably wasn't the best place to ask that but heres a start
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/26285-All-in-One-Halo-Pepakura-Pack
I know it at least has the Carter parts, not sure about the knee though..

Hello! Fairly simple questions (i think, correct me if i'm wrong): Do I need to do two of each of the slices for the Mauler Clip thing?

As mentioned just a few posts before me 3mm is standard thickness cardboard. But I built the clip with 4mm cardboard. After gluing all 13 layers together it was less than half the size of the clip space. It measures 52mm thick now, if i did two it would reach 102mm. The clip opening on the gun is 105mm at the smallest and 120mm at the largest (the sides aren't parallel)
Logic makes me wonder: should i do this for every other part also?

TL;DR The 3mm cardboard made the clip half as large as expected (thickness).

Edit: I have scaled the pep file, but not drastically.

last update for the night. pretty much down to adding some detail, and putting some floating faces in there and then itll be done.

543918_764752333739_868046356_n.jpg

Any updates on this?

iam looking forward to unfold it and start to make the pep. i will make my ultimate and last halo 4 suit. great work and i hope you will finish this work soon :)
btw... do you really make these kind of models in sketchup?
is there a possibility to make a vid tutorial and some kind of bascis? the perspective, adding the first lines and matching the references is some kind of creepy work. the tool is simple (in compare to blender f.e.) but the views .... uurgh. could you make the bottom piece again in a simple step by step tutorial?
i think some other will follow these tutorials and create there own basic stuff in the future (for example me)

I'm really looking forward to that Halo 4 Recon chest L3X! I need that one for a movie I'm going to be making, and knowing you, your model will be spot on!

Would the sliced H4 Battle Rifle be able to be made with the wood-and-mold method, or is it modeled to be made just with cardboard and bondo?

The DMR from Halo 4..........

So... hot...

When is that happening? Maybe I can time it so that I can work on it right after the assault rifle.
I can unfold so if that speeds things along...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back