L3X's File Database

Status
Not open for further replies.
sliced means, that you have to cut our several layors of the material of your choice and glue them together.
but these layers should have a concrete thickness. for the value just check the number of layers and the width of the assault rifle and devide the widt by the number of the layers. now you should have the thickness of each layer. the best material is wood btw ;-)

Oh my i would probably have to have a special saw or table saw and machinery.. wish i had all that but all i got is free hand and man power!

A jigsaw works quite nicely. Or you can use cardboard and a craft knife/razor blade.

Is someone able to give the the rundown how to work it? :) not the jigsaw or cutting like the file and the wood etc :)

i have been looking at trying a sliced MA5 for a bit now trying to pin point a general thickness for it. i have been thinking either 1/16 or 3/16 per layer. with the 3/16th at the thickest point that would make it just over 2 and half inchs thick. Anyone else seeing that or am i missing something in my math.

Lex has stated that the MA5 file is for 1/4 inch pieces. You could use additional slices, but it would take more material and more time.

I made the sliced file by lex at the 1/4in. thick slices and ended up removing some of the slices to make it more realistic in width. I made mine with 1/4 plywood which
was not a good choice in material and wish i had used MDF/fiber board which is smoother and does not show wood grain but it still came out good to me. You can check it out with a link
to it in my signature below. :)

L3X, could you put a note on the first post that the sliced weapons are meant to use 3mm or 1/8" cardboard? I started trying to make one of the weapons and after getting 10 pages into the thread the only answer that was given was 1/4", so now I have a 2" thick pistol that I can't even wrap my hand around. From looking at later posts it looks like the correct thickness of the slices should be around 3mm, 1/8" or 3/32", nowhere near as big as 1/4".

Hey L3x. Is the sliced MA5B properly scaled? On the pepakura designer it shows as a 12.3 in scale, but after printing out a test slice, the weapon comes out more than 4 inches shorter than the weapon should actually be. What is the scale at which I should print this out in order to have an accurately sized rifle?

The reason it's shorter is because the magazine is interfering with the overall length of the model. While 880mm is the correct length of the gun itself (although the pep is scaled to 808mm), 880mm with the magazine placed back where it is is causing the gun to scale shorter than it should be. TriforceKid, you'll have to figure out the multiplier to adjust the scale factor to get the gun itself to 880mm.

I may end up just finding a different pep file...I'm not very good at math, and this actually looks a fair deal more complicated than I thought it might with the foam I am using, since it's 1/2 inch thick.

actually...I do have a question about this sliced file...would it be possible for L3x to maybe move the model's clip into the model? Thus negating any need for lots of math for people who aren't very good at math? I mean..if I could scale the entire thing to 880mm without having to worry about that ill-placed clip? Or, I dunno, could someone maybe give me the necessary measurement changes, since I suck so much at math?

When i did my MA5c it came to i think 32ins. talking to a few people they said theres they did at 34 inchs. and these peoples armories are just amazing so why not use there scale. So i google searched what 2 more inchs would be and added that to the width with my luck the length is 34 inchs

Geez, man, these files are awesome! Using the Halo 4 Battle Rifle and the Socom for my build. Keep up the GREAT work!

i had a quick question on the sliced weapons, when i print out the pages i am having trouble with where one page connects to the other due to not being able to get rid of margins. ( i know, im not to computer savvy :p) could anyone help to explain how to fix this issue of mine? it would be greatly appreciated.

great job on the pep files Lex, keep it up! :)

In Pepakura Designer, click on "File" then "Print and Paper Settings." This will bring up the printer settings window. Make sure the box next to "Print alignment marks for multiple pages" is checked. This will incorporate corner edges on each sheet you can use to align pieces.

By any chance, was there any plans to make blueprints for the halo 4 BR? Saw the blueprints for the DMR. Total awesomeness, thought it would be helpful to have also. While I'm thinking about it, the sliced file for the Halo 4 BR, is there a way to scale it down some? Printed out some of the parts, the parts seemed a little bit to big. I know it's because the scaling is from the game. Tried scaling it down on the width, but when the numbers adjust, it doesn't come out correctly. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks, for your help! Keep up the awesome work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back