Soft Parts Landfall ODST Soft goods analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
almost a pad closer to this

Screenshot_20180522-004304.png

Which fabric? There’s about three diferent types. I can kind see it happening on the ultility vest seen on the outside, but that also seems to be an expensive fabric. I doubt WETA was paid so much for a short film.
Sorry I was referring to the vest and shoulders. Also a company like weta would either have a supply of it or would be able to get it cheaper than we can. And even for a small project like this they wouldn't skimp on the production.

Sorry I was referring to the vest and shoulders. Also a company like weta would either have a supply of it or would be able to get it cheaper than we can. And even for a small project like this they wouldn't skimp on the production.
Also the wider knit fabric looks like a cordura maybe a 250 to 500 denier

This is a little unrelated, I didn’t have any time to do anymore research, but i did manage to find a cool little bit of info.
1427CE03-FB29-406A-BA77-99C8AE07ADF9.jpeg

The scope on the weta BR is a 1x28 scope with three knobs, the closest brand I’ve found that matches the description and correct grooves on the centre block is a bushnell 730131 with the scope extension that it comes with. (lines of the extension is evident) (even the mounts it comes with looks exactly like the one on the BR)

BTW, that scope is out of production now, they made a new one with four knobs.

Because the weta one has no brand marking i can assume it actually is this scope (if it was made during that time) with the markings removed or It’s an unbranded scope (chinese ones)

B76BE991-6042-4649-9CB0-A7CC4F76DFBF.jpeg

Last edited:
Found a pic of the upclose gloves used on both the odsts and marines.

98BEECD0-4661-4BB8-9A3A-31A53730B7C2.jpeg

I came across that glove when i viewing new zealand motorcycle gloves and didn’t think it would actually been the glove (since low quality reference pics are very misleading). need to go find it again.

Bought a dog collar at my local target that had an accurate looking buckle to fit on a 1" velcro strap

So my new D-ring I guess.

It's nickel plated copper (Took some of the platings off trying to remove the pin) But it's heavily coated so a pass with steel wool won't show the copper beneath luckily

The only inaccuracy I can see is that I need one with flat ends.

Lot's of useful information in this thread. Although I'm not creating a Landfall ODST, there is a lot that can be taken from Weta's approach. Great research!

This is awesome, The detail you're starting to dissect is awesome, and those shots you've shared are awesome, thank you for sharing! Keep working and keep us updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back