LEDs electric questions time

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazzy

Jr Member
Ok I'm almost to the electric step. BUT I have ton questions.

1. Which can I tell led is bright led? Or not bright or normal?
2. Which led don't shine and blind someone in eyes when they look at you?
3. Is the black and red wire size matter?
4. How do you keep the wires in place inside the helmet?

Ok other subject:
What kind form do you use for inside? The black color?

Btw I can't wait til my helmet shield come in should in week or so! Been wait too long and long hunt lol. I'm very look forward to finally make an complete helmet.

Ok I'm almost to the electric step. BUT I have ton questions.

1. Which can I tell led is bright led? Or not bright or normal?
2. Which led don't shine and blind someone in eyes when they look at you?
3. Is the black and red wire size matter?
4. How do you keep the wires in place inside the helmet?

Ok other subject:
What kind form do you use for inside? The black color?

Btw I can't wait til my helmet shield come in should in week or so! Been wait too long and long hunt lol. I'm very look forward to finally make an complete helmet.

1. The datasheet will tell you and usually bright LEDs are also marketed as such.
  2. Those that aren't too bright.
  3. Wire works like a resistor, so going with a very small diameter over long distances will hurt the efficiency of your circuit. Copper wire over 0,5 mm diameter should be fine. Colour is irrelevant.
  4. Glue.
  5. I don't get that question.

LOL sorry I mean She, I've seen where some use that foam that comes in gun cases, You can use any foam that is comfortable, if you can find something in black then that would probably look better, for mine, I use cheap motorcycle helmets I get on Ebay, basically you just need to find something to keep it in place on your head thats comfortable, there are probably others on here who have a better way to do this, its just my 2 cents

where the datasheet? and those are not bright? well those flashlight led r too bright to put in helmet :/ and do anyone know where to get black foam for inside helmet?

where the datasheet? and those are not bright? well those flashlight led r too bright to put in helmet :/ and do anyone know where to get black foam for inside helmet?

The manufacturer and/or reseller will have the datasheet, usually you can download it. If they don't have one, don't buy the LEDs.

You can always make bright LEDs dimmer by using resistors, potentiometers and/or switches, or several of these.

No idea, but you can cover any foam with black stretchy fabric to make it black.

Clear LEDs are blinding bright. You want the diffused LEDs. Very bright, but won't blind anyone.

Edit:
Diffused LEDs can be identified when off. White has a milky white color, blue is tinted blue, and so on.
Clear LEDs are clear when off. White is clear, blue is clear. Clear LED colors cannot be identified when off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back