Props Leekegan Halo Reach Predator Knife

Status
Not open for further replies.
link4044 said:
damn you and your ways........looks great

Thank you,

I really appreciate that coming from you.

You have put out some very awesome work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you,

I really appreciate that coming from you.

Lol.

Great work as always Lee!

I sometimes wonder if bungie ever commisioned you to make these props for something big...

I can't wait to see one of these beauties molded and painted.

-Pony

I wanted to post earlier but couldn't really do that. I still have problems connecting from home and I can only reply to the noob forum at work.

kasper said:
great work again Lee but is the handle backwards in the last two or is it suppose to be diffrent than the first pic?

I agree with you. The handle does look reversed in the last two pictures. But the hilt looks better in the last two pictures than on the first.

LeeKegan said:
No it is backwards in the first picture. I wondered if anyone would notice.

Yes, this is one of the thing that is foremost in every one that loves knives. I agree with Kasper that the curved part should be where the fingers are and not in the palm. I do like the hilt of the knife to be narrower on the finger side than on the palm side. That curved piece on the palm side would literally be a pain.

LeeKegan said:
It was brought up in another thread about how the grip should look and had a screen shot. So over the last hour and a half I built another knife with a closer representation of the correct grip.

Yes, it does look closer to the actual knife of the trailer.

I think your original handle looks better then the revised one. If I get one I hope I have a choice between handles. But once again Lee you work is brilliant!

HOLY WOW MAN! This thing is freaking unbelievable, man when you do your work, you do your details to the last spec! Amazing job Lee!

Didn't have internet access for about a week (over at the gf's place), and look what happens in my absence :rolleyes lol

Kudos on yet another awe-inspiring scratch-build, my good friend! I love all the detail you put into the sheath, and the short amount it took for you to do up a more game-accurate version of the handle is nothing short of impressive.

Not all that surprising though, given the high-quality level of workmanship we've come to expect from every one of your builds :D

SPARTAN1803 said:
I think your original handle looks better then the revised one. If I get one I hope I have a choice between handles.

I saw where the original handle came from. the cover of the cole protocol. Very nice build but you can`t see where the blade is relative to the handle. I'd still place the curved section on the finger side.

Altair651 said:
HOLY WOW MAN! This thing is freaking unbelievable, man when you do your work, you do your details to the last spec! Amazing job Lee!

True very true. It`s an awesome job with a very low turn-around time. The trailer wasn`t out for long before Lee came out with this beauty.

I was looking at some other pics, it works how Lee had it. If you look at some firearms, the rear of the grip is curved and the front is smooth. If he were to alter the contour to be at the front of the grip, he would have to change the shape so it accomodated you fingers. The curves now are to match your palm. And to Lee, I really hope we can see this molded soon! I know its winter and temperature might be a problem, but have you considered building a heat box? That should make it so that the silicon will hit and cure. Just a thought, I am anxious to see it!!

Brandon McClain said:
I know its winter and temperature might be a problem, but have you considered building a heat box? That should make it so that the silicon will hit and cure. Just a thought, I am anxious to see it!!

I have thought of the heat box, but my shop has no heat and is about 40 degrees right now in there. I have sent it down to BenStreeper in Texas, because he requested the knife in the first place and it is a little warmer down there.

more amazing work from indiana. rube, lee, mac, jedi stumpy, and more lee lol who will come next

I can vouch for it being warmer in Texas. I am in Houston for the holidays, and it has been great. Are you sticking with the second handle, or will they both be available? Glad to hear it is off for molding, I am stoked!

Brandon McClain said:
I can vouch for it being warmer in Texas. I am in Houston for the holidays, and it has been great. Are you sticking with the second handle, or will they both be available? Glad to hear it is off for molding, I am stoked!

Just the original handle I made went down to Texas.

Brandon McClain said:
I was looking at some other pics, it works how Lee had it. If you look at some firearms, the rear of the grip is curved and the front is smooth. If he were to alter the contour to be at the front of the grip, he would have to change the shape so it accomodated you fingers. The curves now are to match your palm.

I know the logic you're using but it's not applicable to a knife. The way you handle a knife is very different from the way you handle a gun. Check out other knife designs, particularly the kukri knives.Here are a few designs. You'll notice that the curved part is on the finger/blade side and not on the palm side. Here is a picture I lifted from the site.

[attachment=14323:FOPhlegraZiricote1.jpg]

The curved piece doesn`t go into the palm. Because the knife is an extension of your arm and held in a line between the center of the wrist and the top of the index the palm isn't where you need the most space, it's between the ring finger and the index. Look at this Web page, it's a very good overview of the various Knife Grip Tactics. Actually, I just googled it and it's going into my favorites right away.

And looking at the pictures, I realize that I was wrong in my comment on the pommel of the blade. It's perfect. Actually, it's a lot more badass that I originally thought. With the reverse grip edge out, I would NOT come close to this guy. It's scary.

LeeKegan said:
ReachKnife044.jpg

ReachKnife046.jpg

ReachKnife062.jpg

ReachKnife061.jpg

ReachKnife059.jpg

ReachKnife060.jpg

My latest project that I built over the last 2 days.

AMAZING!!!! :eek I am so jealous of your skills! Hope I can make(or get) something ike that in the future.

I like the original handle the best. I would attempt to buy one if it were to be molded, and when it is molded, im goin to try and get one when it is molded. :) Just bad. ass. keep up the amazing work. Has adam thought of making a BAMF section under the Elite section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back