Leekegan Halo Reach Sniper

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in awe. I also joined the 405th because of this. i saw it on the bunjie com chatter and think that it is amazing. i am very intrested in the mold. my email is dotson.trevor@gmail.com. and about how much would did you need for a build like this? because that sure looks like it would take a lot more than what you see in the pictures...

I am in awe. I also joined the 405th because of this. i saw it on the bunjie com chatter and think that it is amazing. About how much wood did you need for a build like this? because that sure looks like it would take a lot more than what you see in the pictures...

I'm glad that you joined. It took about 4, 1/4" x 6 x 48" poplar boards. 2, 3/4" x 1 1/2" x 48" poplar boards. 1, 1" x 48" poplar dowel. 1, 7/8" x 24" poplar dowel. 1, 1" x 24" pine dowel. 1, 2" x 24" poplar dowel. 1, 3/4" x 12" x 12" pine board. 2, 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" x 48" pine board. Several other poplar dowels in various smaller sizes that I used small pieces of.

I should get me some poplar boards! I see what you can do with it, and what you do is amazing, Lee. My methods seem medieval compared to yours. ;)

I should get me some poplar boards! I see what you can do with it, and what you do is amazing, Lee. My methods seem medieval compared to yours. ;)

After you have done wood working as long as I have you will be probably better than me.

I entered the sniper into the County Fair fine arts. Lets see how it does. I will update when the fair starts.

Edit:

Nevermind. Found a place that sells dummy rounds for $2 each! :)

=======
Dreads, I sent you an e-mail about getting some extra .50 cal rounds.

Or, since they're already being molded and I'd like to finish my shoulder pieces before the sniper gets molded, would it be possible to get them through Lee directly? I need to get 3 extra rounds for Jun's shoulder, and it'd be easier to get some extra copies instead of getting a hold of a round and molding them myself, depending what price you can offer them at.

hey are those 50 cal. bullet casts for sell? if they are can you email me. i really need some for my jun build

Here is how the sniper did at the local county fair.

018.jpg

017.jpg

It got reserve champion in its category.

Here is what beat it in its category.

016.jpg

Here is what beat out all others in the wood categories.

019.jpg

Wow... really?!
Those people dont know MIND BLOWING wood work when they see it... no disrespect intended.
But seriously your sniper should have won first in all categories!

congrats on the success with your woodcraft. i saw the video you made of the magnum, and i was wondering if i could get a price quote on a wooden one(with slide-out clip) and one of the cast ones. i think my email is one my profile.

congrats on the success with your woodcraft. i saw the video you made of the magnum, and i was wondering if i could get a price quote on a wooden one(with slide-out clip) and one of the cast ones. i think my email is one my profile.

Your don't have your e-mail on your profile.

Go to my YouTube grandun66 and message me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back