Left 4 Dead 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
DLC is for half finished games, rubbish/console games (or publishers trying to cheat you out of more money, $50 is a lot of money, I want everything in there).

Games don't become good because of DLC. And L4D was a good game. It does get slightly monotone, so part 2 is really what we need, not a new weapon or something mundane.

Man, those new graphics are exactly what I mean: no more dark and gritty stuff which is hard to see.

iliketacos95 said:
It look's good and everything but hey, wheres all the dlc valve promised us for L4D1? Hell, because of that I'm in the L4d2 boycott meaning that I won't buy the new one till we get our promised dlc for the original. That's that...

But it does look cool...

It's coming. Valve has said that even with the release of l4d2, they'll still be working on l4d.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, I Like new stuff but really they should wait a least a bit longer on the #2, it just seems a bit unorthodox to try to keep number 1 going but still push number 2 at the same time. Plus I haven't seen a company that keeps updating their old games when the sequels come out, even when they promise. Just seems rushed, and rushed games don't do so well, and I would think that Game Company's would learn that by now.

Well, games like l4d2 build themselves. There's not much you have to do when the point of the game is to have fun with your friends and not brilliant enemy AI or a narrative.

I'll just leave this here

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u39KZJIJ7VA&annotation_id=annotation_572345&feature=iv[/media]

well, I have played the demo

and all I have to say is that it is nothing different than L4D 1.

just new weapons and daylight

also I think the graphics are actually worse

I too, did not like the graphics. I thought that the new weapons, infected and other objects (like adrenaline) were kind of pointless and took away from the greatness of left 4 dead. It was so simple, (5 guns excluding the handgun) but that is what made it amazing. I will never get tired of just smoker, boomer and hunter. The jockey is a little unimaginative and the spitter doesn't really hinder you by making you stop for a minute.

I'm sort of like the gameboy in the VG cats about pokemon and why he only needs 150. I will only need The smoker, boomer, hunter, tank and witch.

I've been a L4D fan since the L4D demo, I swear I played that thing for at least 40 hours. The original game is great (just got my girl playing it), it was simple, but so was Halo: CE. L4D2 has some of the much needed updates, a larger weapon verity, the use of the AI director changing paths (so you don't just blow through a campaign in 25-30 minutes like my friends and I did), I love the new charters... lack of the Louis personality is the biggest thing I'm grateful for... although Nick will probably get on my nerves, Ellis is my favorite so far (ironic as I am Nic and I look like Ellis). I've played the L4D2 demo a little less than the previous one, but that's a compilation of my girl playing L4D1 and peping armor. Look for me on the 17th, XBLID: Fang DSM

Spawn Camp3r said:
well, I have played the demo

and all I have to say is that it is nothing different than L4D 1.

just new weapons and daylight

also I think the graphics are actually worse

Kid, you must be blind.

Well, maybe they're worse for the 360... But on PC the game's beautiful. For a 5 year old engine that is.

As for weapons... I f***ing love the machette.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeh the melee weapons add a really nice touch, cant wait to get my hands on the guitar in the real game, loved it in the demo. boomer bile is great for special infected, just throw the stuff on a tank and presto he is down! Maybe the graphics arent as nice, but I honestly dont care, a good weapon variety and storyline make a game for me, not graphics even though adding that in is nice ;)

Oh, you PC guys are lucky, I'm gonna be freezing my butt off waiting for Best Buy to open the doors at midnight. Projected 18*-22* at 12 here in Colorado :/

Meh, the graphics in l4d1 only looked better because the game was dark. If you see the l4d models in a well lit feild of grass, they look like $#!T.

l4d 2 models are mad for all lighting conditions, and are more detailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back