Left 4 Dead 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Forum Founder
Member DIN
S800
E3 is right around the corner, and Destructoid has been hearing all sorts of juicy rumors. A lot of things are being said, and among them a very reliable source has informed us that Valve and Electronic Arts are looking to reveal Left 4 Dead 2 at E3 next week.

L4D 2 will see four different survivors battling the infected horde as they try to survive the game's four scenarios. The game is said to be set during the same time frame and locations as the first title, but the four new survivors will be fighting off the infected in other parts of the same locations. To us, it sounds a bit like Ada sidequests from Resident Evil 4 -- while Leon was going through his mission, Ada was running around the same areas, doing her own thing.

We're also told to expect new guns, as well as a variety of melee weapons like a baseball bat, axe, and chainsaw. Players should also brace themselves to come face to face with at least one new special infected "boss" character... something big. And fast.

If what we're hearing is solid, Left 4 Dead 2 is planned for the PC and Xbox 360. While the information we received was vague, the source had been reliable in the past, and the idea of a sequel to Destructoid's 2008 "Game of the Year" was too exciting not to share. If this pans out, we hope to see more -- at least in the form of an announcement trailer -- at E3 next week.

Maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
that would be cool but i hope that when they make L4D 2 its more slow paced adn realistic i didnt like it how fast you run and everything it needs to be more like halo or cod4

Chainsaw! SCHWEET!!

New boss, Big and Fast.. doesn't say anything about deadly though...

Supertankwitchhunter?

hmmm I dont know about this one, I have played the hell out of the first one and it was good but from what I was reading it seems like all they doing is remaking the first one with one or two added weapons and maybe a new boss. If they want to do something good with the game they should port it over to the damn PS3

We saw a very brief glimpse of Left 4 Dead 2 this morning at Microsoft's press conference, now we get a bit more details from publisher Valve.

"A large part of how Left 4 Dead became 2008's top-selling new IP on Xbox 360 and the PC was the custom-tailored gameplay made possible by the AI Director," said Gabe Newell, president and co-founder of Valve. "With the knowledge gained from creating the original, new technology, and a passionate team, L4D2 will set a new benchmark for cooperative action games."

Set for Nov. 17 as an Xbox 360 and PC "exclusive", the game will add melee combat, deeper cooperative gameplay and new weapons, including a chainsaw, frying pan, axe and baseball bat.

The game will make use of AI Director 2.0, which Valve says will take the game's dynamic gameplay to the next level. That means the ability to procedurally change weather, world objects and pathways and "tailoring" enemy population, effects and sound.

The game will also feature new Survivors, boss zombies, weapons, and items. Valve says the game is much larger than the original with more co-operative campaigns, more Versus campaigns, and maps for Survival mode available at launch.

"Left 4 Dead was backed by our most aggressive advertising campaign to date, and resulted in a top 5 showing on two platforms during holiday 2008," said Doug Lombardi, VP of marketing at Valve. "Left 4 Dead 2 is a larger game and will be supported with even more consumer and retail advertising programs than the original."

(1:17 clip time?! Master Chief IN LEFT4DEAD 2?!) [/sarcasm]

I think the color palette's just a bit too saturated for me to take it completely serious. But, levels can change.

For some reason, I thought of the graphics from Team Fortress2. I guess with the colors aren't like most zombie games since its in the day light,
But Yea I forgot where the games starts off at but the ending leads to a place in New Orleans if I heard right. But You go threw a couple of states and weathers and rather than just starting off with a gun to choose at the beginning, their more scattered around the maps.

glad some of its in daytime :).

still, i dont know if this game really is going to appeal to me all that much.

this got announced just a while after the first came out. it seemed too fast.

so it made me mad that i would buy left for dead. then wait out for a couple months for a newer version to come out, that's pretty aggravating money wise.

box o crayons said:
that would be cool but i hope that when they make L4D 2 its more slow paced adn realistic i didnt like it how fast you run and everything it needs to be more like halo or cod4

Screw realism. It's turned all modern FPSs into clones of each other.

The only series that acually stands out right now is Halo/Unreal. Halo for it's visual style, and Unreal for it's gameplay.

I was never really a fan of L4D, and I normally love survival horros games but I found it to easy. The Killing Floor is much more my style for zombie survival game.

I hope L4D2 is good though and will probably buy it.

also keegan, I would as well.

Left 4 dead isn't survival HORROR, it's just survival.

Just because it's dark and there are zombies doesn't mean it's really TRYING to be scary. It's more of a movie atmosphere simulation.

xalener said:
Left 4 dead isn't survival HORROR, it's just survival.

Just because it's dark and there are zombies doesn't mean it's really TRYING to be scary. It's more of a movie atmosphere simulation.

That wasn't the point I was trying to make, I was saying it was to easy and that I normally love survival and/or horror games. It is definetly not a horror game, and sorry for any typos my keyboard is very unresponsive lately.

It look's good and everything but hey, wheres all the dlc valve promised us for L4D1? Hell, because of that I'm in the L4d2 boycott meaning that I won't buy the new one till we get our promised dlc for the original. That's that...

But it does look cool...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back