Legendary Armor – Mark VI Master Chief Helmet Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
BishopX said:
Halo%20Helmet%20Side%20Vents%2001.JPG

Halo%20Helmet%20Side%20Vents%2002.JPG

Halo%20Helmet%20Side%20Vents%2003.JPG

wow amazing u should also MAYBE open the top things that look like this.

[attachment=2701:Cut.JPG]

cut here so u can breath better then just two little holes at the bottom
everybody says heat goes up, so i thought this would be better if u cut here 2...if not the moisture will fog up the visor. and i know.
i wear glasses

Last edited by a moderator:
cool, you guys must have a pretty serious table. The pictures of the neck assembly look stunning, every time you post pictures, I get inspired to up my game, not that my work can compare with you guys LOL

Aw dude....I think the majority of the helmets that have been made look great. Everyone adds their own little touches to their creations. We have a concept of what we think it should look like so that's what we are trying to do. Thanks for the compliment BTW

LOL. The helmet is coming out well. There are a few things that I wish I had time to correct but we've set deadlines and we are already a little behind schedule. Next time I guess.
I will be cutting out the top vents on mine BTW. :D

We are thinking of using this back key as a pivot point for hinging the neck plate. It might work.
Halo%20Helmet%20Rear%20Neck%20plate%2002.jpg

i was thinking you could attach some magnets to hold it in place or something but you would need strong magnets just in case

A hinge would work, if you used some magnets to keep the neckplate in place while you're wearing the helmet.

EDIT: Phade beat me to the punch by two minutes. But then again, great minds do think alike. :p

OMG so insanely awsome! sucks im stuck since i can never can find rubber cement! i tried my local ace, then walmart and hobby lobby, so i tried the rubber cement that comes with tire patch kits cause i believed my dumb brother that it would work but of course not lol.

Well, the idea is to use a low profile swing away hinge int he back and rare earth magnets in the front to hold it closed. I think it will be fine as long and there isn't too much pressure on the neck plate so the magnets pop open.

and the neck plate will be some sort of flexible foam rubber, right? so light enough that it won't pop open every time yOUR necks push it back a bit

I don't think we're going to make this piece from rubber. If I'm going to hinge it, I think it's better made of solid plastic.

Been following this thread since the beginning, and yeah, my name is among the others with their jaws on the floor. Amazing work.

I too was considering how to get my big head into a properly sized helmet, and a hinge plus magnets was my first thought too. That is, of course, only if my head won't fit. Which I'm not sure of yet. But either way, I'm going to love to see how you tackle this.

(And to think, this is just the helmet. Wow.)

Yeah....we'll see soon enough. We're working on the visor and rifle tonight so we'll see how far we get.

Descended Life said:
OMG so insanely awsome! sucks im stuck since i can never can find rubber cement! i tried my local ace, then walmart and hobby lobby, so i tried the rubber cement that comes with tire patch kits cause i believed my dumb brother that it would work but of course not lol.

BTW....I think they changed the EPA laws and such that directly affect the contact cement manufacturers. Barge's is completely different now and/or no longer sells here. It's something like that. You can try Landau. It's another type of contact cement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back