Legendary Armor – Mark VI Master Chief Helmet Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I hope we get it right the first time around but I'm sure we'll be doing upgrades and corrections as we go also. This isn't an exact science.

BishopX said:
BTW....I think they changed the EPA laws and such that directly affect the contact cement manufacturers. Barge's is completely different now and/or no longer sells here. It's something like that. You can try Landau. It's another type of contact cement.

OH ok ty ill try that and if i cant find it ill move to hot glue

Last edited by a moderator:
NZ-TK was nice enough to give us his model of the ODST helmet. That thing is incredible. We'll post another thread when time comes to run that helmet.

Bishop, you and Slave are doing an absolutely fantastic job. WETA is going to get a run for their money from US propmakers when the time comes to bring their version of Mjolnir armor to life. I have corresponded with Richard Taylor and Jennie his assistant at WETA in the past. When you finish your respective projects, I will make sure I direct their attention to your creation(s). Keep up the good work, man!

BARBARIC RAGE
-Beast Inside-

yes, we want weta to know that accuracy (or good artistic license) is very important to us!

They didn't disappoint so far though.

Yes....by all means....tell them I'll be waiting and I'll put the cuffs on myself before they arrive....LOL

BishopX said:
Well, the intent is to start molding the helmet this weekend. From the mold, we will pull a solid version of the helmet to cut the visor out and make a vac buck. We will cut the helmet in half and fit the interior prior to sealing and molding.

Is anyone else here sitting counting the hours till the weekend starts? I've got my Scalpel all ready for self-kidney extraction

We are in the midst of molding. The main helmet should be complete by Wednesday or Thursday....we hope....

Looking at making first castings by Next Saturday...that's the intent anyway. We will then work on the visor buck and the inner padding.

Something that did come out of the mold this weekend though... The main body of the electrobinocs. This is cast in rubber and painted. Super durable, almost indestructible. It's not soft though....This would knock you out if you got hit by it. Super lightweight.

LA%20Projects%20(10).JPG

LA%20Projects%20(12).JPG

LA%20Projects%20(7).JPG

LA%20Projects%20(8).JPG

BishopX said:
Something that did come out of the mold this weekend though... The main body of the electrobinocs. This is cast in rubber and painted. Super durable, almost indestructible. It's not soft though....This would knock you out if you got hit by it. Super lightweight.

Are you sure Philips screws were known in the Star Wars Universe? :)

Well, this is a first. I've recently received a pm from someone here that sounded a lot like an accusation of recasting someone else's electrobinocs. The truth is this, in the 7 years that we have been making Star Wars props, we have never recast someone's work. I purchased a casting of electrobinocs. They were so bad, I didn't want to bother with cleaning them up. The parts did not fit together anyway. We decided to make our own. Our weapons department has a Simrad that we were able to measure and were able to mold and cast some of the fins. Unfortunately, we were not permitted to mold and cast from the entire thing. We purchased the real model kit that the parts come from...

The point is this...Why would you bother to accuse or even question if you haven't seen that persons work in person yet. This kind of thing tends to piss people off....one being me.

The pm was very simple but the intent was clear. This is the pm I got...

"You made your binocs from scratch correct? They look very similiar to Richies Armor's binocs."

DSC04504.jpg

DSC04505.jpg

elecbinoc.jpg

DSC04667.jpg

BishopX said:
... The point is this...Why would you bother to accuse or even question if you haven't seen that persons work in person yet. This kind of thing tends to piss people off....one being me...

Totally agree with you on that, I haven't been involved in this kind of prop making for very long but I've seen the same thing happen a few times and I have to say it really sucks, especially when it's clear that they have done the work themselves... which would be the case with you guys, why would you need to recast anything when you can do the awesome work that you do :)

...nice ;)

...I am off the boards for a few hours and I see that Bishopx rec'd a PM that basically accuses him/us of recasting something as simple as Electrobinocs...

"You made your binocs from scratch correct? They look very similiar to Richies Armor's binocs." and why wouldnt they???...SW Electrobinocs using the same sizing and reference pics...

...it just baffles me to no end...apparantely you didnt take time to read our AR thread...oh sure we "recasted" that as well :confused:

slavefive said:
...nice ;)

...I am off the boards for a few hours and I see that Bishopx rec'd a PM that basically accuses him/us of recasting something as simple as Electrobinocs...

"You made your binocs from scratch correct? They look very similiar to Richies Armor's binocs." and why wouldnt they???...SW Electrobinocs using the same sizing and reference pics...

...it just baffles me to no end...apparantely you didnt take time to read our AR thread...oh sure we "recasted" that as well :confused:

I posted a rather lengthy reply with my take on this accusation in your MA5C thread, fellas, in which I referred to use of the same sizing and reference pics being a determining factor.

Having been in that position myself, I can imagine how you two must feel about this. Sorry to hear your awesome work be rediculed like that... :unsure:

Accusing legendary armor of recasting, is like saying 2+2= chair, it just does not make sense, and is not true...
Keep up the fine work guys!

Well, maybe I flew off the handle a little. It just pisses me off. We go to great lengths to not argue and have issues with anyone. We try to protect people and ourselves from recasters but still get accused. These are the comments that make you not want to make stuff anymore. Maybe I read into the pm too much but it really does come across the wrong way.

...Dunno...I felt that was the intent...otherwise why even say anything???...why say that it looks like Richies Armor???...seems like a pointless waste of time to even have PM'd you...just my take on it...

...now that I am privy to who it was I am perplexed why they even started anything???...are they in fear that thier work might be by recasted us???...is that the insinuation???...if so they do not want to even get me started...

...whatever, so long as you are over it so am I :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back