Legendary Armor – Mark VI Master Chief Helmet Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW... i just read through the thread. and you both have some serious talent! working in the movie industry, do you meet many famous people?
what other well known movies/shows have you worked on?
isn't it great how a game like halo and our love of making amour brings noobs like me, people like Adam, and industry pro's together!

Ugh.....Got the flu...104 degree fever...dying.....must keep consciousness......

Now Slavefive is sick too....ugh......wtf! He drove down last weekend...we were working on a Star Wars project and I got sick, now he's sick. We must have gotten it from the strippers.....

...damn wire strippers.... :D

Be back soon....sick as dogs right now...

BishopX said:
We must have gotten it from the strippers.....

Riiiight - it must have been the "wire" strippers...uh-huh... :lol:

Hope you guys get over this soon, I've got a few friends that are down for count with this right now - not fun...

Last edited by a moderator:
BishopX said:
Ugh.....Got the flu...104 degree fever...dying.....must keep consciousness......

Now Slavefive is sick too....ugh......wtf! He drove down last weekend...we were working on a Star Wars project and I got sick, now he's sick.
We must have gotten it from the strippers.....

Be back soon....sick as dogs right now...

Sorry to hear both of you are feeling under the weather at the moment, but even so I just wanted to thank you guys for posting pics of the new nosepiece you crafted for your Mk VI helmet.

I have to admit I was having some difficulty with trying to design that one particular detail, but those pics proved to be an invaluable resource (aside from hands-on reference of my Legendary helmet), and now I've got it figured out for fabricating my own nosepiece insert.

I've already drafted a 1:1 scale template, with the next step being to scratch-build it out of layered styrene.

Thanks a bunch, fellas! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some pictures prior to silicone. Just a small update....haven't had time to do anything since we are in movie season....

Hi everyone.....haven't had a chance to just hang out here and read the boards....

Helm%20Mold%2001.JPG

Helm%20Mold%2002.JPG

N-i-c-e...

Looks like it's ready and rarin' to go. I can't wait to see to that thing come out of silicone! And the same goes for the rest of the armour!

Amazing work so far, guys! :D

Did you cut that in half before putting it in? If so, there's no turning back now! Looking good!

Cool, one question though, where are the keys? or is this some fancy type of box mould that dosnt need them?

Glad to see you back up and at it Bishop :)

there's some video tutorial on this site about making hollow molds, which explains the box and no keys, i think. however, what's the difference between this type of mold, and using the "pull" method? is this one longer lasting? also, how do you plan to connect the two halves in the end, and how did you seal up the neck hole? or is it already sealed up?

The helmet is still intact. It has not been cut. The neck hole is already sealed with a cutting lip. Keys will be added after the silicone fixatropic is done. This mold can yield 50 parts with the silicone we use. This mold is designed for rotocasting. I don't have enough time to make a video. part of the silicone is already poured.

Guys, I am amazed at your work. You should be truly proud.

My question is (sorry if it has been asked) what foam do you use and what kind of material can you pour over it that is hard, durable yet doesn't eat the foam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back