Legendary Armor – Mark VI Master Chief Helmet Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
DUDE YOU WORKED ON SPIDERMAN?! MY GOOOOOOOOOOD I AM IN AWE

can i please visit? or like. work for you guys for free? or SOMETHING?! just to be in the same vicinity as pros would be... epic.

Working on Star Trek? Sweet!!

Working on Final Destination 4.......................not so hot. :p

Plus I pray that Tekken turns out well.

BishopX said:
Right now...we are working on...
Gi Joe - Cool
Star Trek - Cool again
Cirque Du Freak - um, have to look this one up
American Carol - um, have to look this one up too
Shutter Island - um, again I'll have to look this one up
Tekken - REALLY?!
Witch Mountain - I think I saw this was in the works. I can't remember where. I thought I saw a teaser trailer for it as well.
Land of the Lost - um, have to look this one up as well
Bedtime Stories - hmm, sounds familiar
Final Destination 4 - OMG, WHY!?!?!?!?
etc....

That's really cool that you get to work on all those. I bet it feels really great to see your work used in this many films.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha who gives a crap how long you have to work, its an awesome job... you getting to be what ever you (like any character from a show or movie) and knowing that you made the suit yourself.... THATS AWESOME!!! I want to minor in casting and art when i get to college... major in history and some boring crappy subject haah.

I guess working as a prop maker is cool job, but in your guy's case, I might get really tired of it really fast. Those hours do not sound fun at all, especially with the 45 day spiderman thing. Its probably just me, but I really enjoy having hobbies where Im not required and or constantly pressured to complete detailed projects in a short time, would take all enjoyment right out of it.

I cant even fathom the amount of coffee bean consumption you guy's must be doing there. Theatre tech's here wont even consider starting to work unless they've had at least two cups..

I’ve heard quite a few of these horror stories from John and Lewis in the past and the frenzied nature of the professional, the work is far from glamorous and exceedingly time consuming both professionally and personally.

Sleep is often a luxury and the consumption of monster energy drinks a necessity. :p

What I learned about John is he honestly enjoys what he does despite the occasional problematic circumstances he and many others like him go through daily in this particular line of work.

LOL. Well, today I don't enjoy my job....tomorrow maybe......nah...tomorrow is Saturday so I won't enjoy my job. Maybe Sunday when we are off.

I gotta say, the good thing about my job is........hang on ......I'm thinking....

It's okay. It's just like any other job but it's quite often that there is screaming and yelling and cussing. Hollywood is packed with ego. I can do without that part of it.

You can go to school for this but it won't get you a job. This industry mainly hires by what you have done. It's not a professional industry at all. I never went to school for any of this. This is learned by doing...unfortunately.

I give the prop guys a ton of credit. A few years back I worked on a small fan film with a very talented artist. I went to help out for a weekend and it was 100 mph the entire time. Little sleep and the sleep that some of them got was on the floor of the shop. It seems to be a pretty gruling profession with tight deadlines, long hours and tough customers wanting the best product in short order.

This thread is chock full of fantasic and inspiring work. A huge thanks for keeping this online journal for us to drool over!

Here's to the start of another hopefully productive weekend. Keep up the good work guys, and don't keep us in suspense for too much longer!

...sorry for the lack of updates...

...we had a few Star Wars related runs to complete...unfortunately BishopX has a severe sinus infection and has been down for the count :cry:

...we will hopefully get back on track later this week...helmet and AR :lol:

Well, it's understandable that as this is more of a personal project, other business-related projects would have to take precedence. You guys have made an amazing amount of progress on both the helmet and AR so far. Can't wait to see more!

As for Bishop, well... that's indeed unfortunate. I sincerely hope he's able to get over that sinus infection soon... ;)

As is the nature of the business, right? In order to get out the props on time, you have to rediculously overwork yourself... :p

Oh, I guess my search is over!!! BISHOPX is the one that was hired by Dr. Hasley sshhhhh, secret!! LOL!! AWESOME!! This work really is outstanding!!! DAMNitty!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back