Legendary Armor – Mark VI Master Chief Helmet Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruze789 said:
Cool read, it's a walkthru w/ pics of a moto visor plant that happens to be in Lancaster, PA...
LINK

Hehe... crates called 'Gaylords'
Couldn't resist, haha, who came up with that?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's nice dude but look at Myyyyyyyyy helmet.....

Obviously a test pull and painted....not fastened in but not bad for a test...

MC%20Visor%20Test%2002.JPG

MC%20Visor%20Test%2001.JPG

MC%20Visor%20Test%2003.JPG

Oh, WOW... definately loving that visor, John. As much as I like the dual-layered visors others have made, I think this one may be even better! Has the beveled edge to the grid/HUD details, just like in the game. Absolute sweetness... :D

ohyea, i can totally see how this is just a test pull, i mean look at all the inaccuracies and the roughness of the finish and all that [/sarcasm]

lookin amazing!

BishopX said:

Obviously a test pull and painted....not fastened in but not bad for a test...

You know I'm loving the helmet, but im not so sure about the visor. Maybe its the tacky golden pain thats getting me confused ;) But its a nice vacuumed form piece

Don't let him fool you, It is quite amazing what he can do with some Macaroni, Glue and a little gold paint.

Well Miiiiines getting a custom upholstered interior :p
[attachment=3824:DSC00168.JPG]

Awesome visors though bishop, they look nice and crisp, are they acrylic or polycarb?

So after test pulling the the visor, we have a few adjustments. After the adjustments, we will paint, wet sand, clear coat, we sand and mold. then we still have to cast 3/8" thick vacuum form bucks.

We've ordered 3/32" thick clear acrylic. After we've pulled 24 or so visors, they will be cut down, wet sanded and polished. The polished visors will then be sent out for gold reflective coating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back