Legendary Armor – Mark VI Master Chief Helmet Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
so tell me.... how many times have you had to re-polish that thing due to drooling on it... I know I'd be sick of re-buffing by now

Skullcandy Girl said:
Shiney Ham....*eats*
NO SKG! BAAAD! *takes shiney ham, wipes with sleave, stuff back into silimakone and pats it down* all better nao :D

*watches thread for updates*

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome work dood. This looks absolutely awesome. You have no idea how much you have inspired all of us.

LOL. Thanks....

That buck isn't polished...We just clear coated it. That's the way automotive clear goes on. Just don't overload it. Do it in coats about 10 minutes apart and it comes out glossy like that.

Just an update....

I did complete the mold and cast the first vacuum form buck from the new mold. I will drill the vents in tomorrow (ugh) and make a test pull to see what the clarity is.

I'll send the bucks out to be vacuum formed by pros who do that all the time. There are people who specialize in extruded acrylic vacuum forming.

Oh hahahahah duuuuuur on me. Very cool. So they have High powered Vacu stuff so they can use thicker plastics? (hope I'm not being too nosey)Heheheh I dunno why but "Mega-Maid" from Space balls just popped into my head "suck suck suck" hahahaha!

Im just really anxious to see the final visor painted up. Are you guys getting straight gold or the bronze color?

This might be a pointless question, but could these visors possibly fit in a pepakura helm?

Quadraxis said:
This might be a pointless question, but could these visors possibly fit in a pepakura helm?

Sorry to burst your bubble, dude, but as John explained in an earlier post these visors are sized and shaped specifically for thier CNC'd helmet. As such, they likely wouldn't fit a Pep helmet, as those are made to different dimensions depending on the person.

Can't wait to see you fellas get a few of these vacu-formed and "bronzed"... :)

BishopX said:
Yeah. Actually, we were thinking of doing a bit of a bronze color vs. gold.

Sounds great, I cant wait to see it.

Also, Ive been watching the trailers all day, and got me thinking, are you guys ever going to ressurect the liner idea again or is that going to stay 6ft under?

Hey, Bishop, on the progress site you mentioned that you were using rotocasting for your helmets. Care to tell us what speed your rotocasting majigger was set to for the best quality/most even distribution? Or would you have to kill us if you did? :p

-Nick

foxymcfox said:
Hey, Bishop, on the progress site you mentioned that you were using rotocasting for your helmets. Care to tell us what speed your rotocasting majigger was set to for the best quality/most even distribution? Or would you have to kill us if you did? :p

-Nick

Who cares what speed it is lol j/k

Seriously though guys... you did a fantastic job on this Helm... seeing it and feeling it is a thing of beauty. Can't wait for those visors...

Spase said:
Can't wait for those visors...
Took the words right out of my mouth. I've been checking this thread beyond a healthy level since you posted those buck pictures... :lol:

Well, the speed settings are near the highest on the rotocaster for the most even coat. Other things to take into account are the amount of material used and that it is necessary to run the rotocaster at a slower speed initially in the beginning. Why you ask? I have no idea....it comes out better.

The bucks have been sent out for vacuum forming. I will get the first test pull from acrylic on Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back