Props Legendary Armor Halo 3 M6G Magnum - It's baaaaaack. Agaiiiiiiin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormy151

Jr Member
So, a couple years ago, I posted the beginnings of this project here.

Then Avengers happened. And Dark Knight Rises. And Star Trek 2, lol

I've lost some photos over the years, so we're going to skip ahead...

So, I started with a 3d Model. Modeled in Rhino 3d...

Mag1_zpsd4ea5d32.jpg

Mag2_zpsec7170be.jpg

This model was CNC Machined from a material called Renshape, it's a very dense foam. Almost like wood, but capable of holding very fine details.

I lost pics of that process... :cry

Then I went and modeled in some details in order to generate files I could use on a laser engraver to put in the text and such...

Magnum2_zps96c88617-1.jpg

Magnum1_zpsf86af8da-1.jpg

So... CNC, Laser, Yadda Yadda Yadda... Poof!

135538_1254048329516_3740156_o_zps70d6bbc7.jpg

More to come...

More goodness....

So, once I got the main body all assembled, and all the engraving done, I did some of the other detail parts via CNC, only this time I did them in wax. There's a little piece on the back of the slide, the two little knobs on the side of the "scope", and the bottom of the clip.

Here is a photo of the wax after I molded them, the clip plate broke during de-mold because it was so thin...

IMG_1704.jpg

But I got it....

IMG_1705.jpg

I also did the clip release levers that way. I molded them, cast in plastic and attached to the master. A little bit of primer, sanding, yadda yadda yadda...

IMG_1696.jpg

IMG_1697.jpg

Here is a shot of the back of the slide. The tan bits are clay from the molding process, and you can see some little slivers of silicone as well...

IMG_1702.jpg

More later.... ;)

So yeah, it's been a long time coming- but so glad to finally get this thing finished up. I realize we're on again/off again, but the Halo stuff is just for fun- we all have real jobs and careers and such, and the paying work takes precedence.

Another masterpiece by Legendary Armor. :cool

Last edited by a moderator:
The scale of this gun IS actually pretty big. The pistol used in ODST is the same base gun with a silencer addition, and in these pictures...

__94552349-Full.jpg

__99521239-Full.jpg

...you can see how large it is in the ODST's hand (taking into account that the silencer adds considerable length, I'm focusing on the size of the grip in the ODST's hand). Fairly large in the hands of a normal person.

So, the size of LA's gun is spot on.

Huh. That silencer and the extended mag would not be a hard to make as an add-on. I know a few ODST costumers that would like those... Maybe when we get this first run of Magnums shipped out I'll work on that as an option... ;)

That's pretty much what I was trying to accomplish with my M6X Multi-Pistol, albeit in pep form. I would love to have the capabilities and tools that you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back