Legendary Armor Spartan Armor Progress....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know blender, but there is most certainly a mirror function. Skullcandy's instance is much cleaner, but at the least you can mirror and merge the points.

To mirror in Maya is stupid, you have to set the scale for the desired axis to -1.

I would also really like to learn modo. From what I have seen modo looks to be one of the best poly modelers for engineering.

Oh your teacher is being a grump eh! Sucky XD!

@Nex: haha yeah Maya and it's quirks X(!
Yeah modo does look neat! :) there' just so much stuff to learn out there and it never ends!

Oooh double post *sneezes*

MK5B Helmet is di-zone! To those who volunteered your wonderful files, thank you for your hard work! The helmet needed a couple of specific things done to it in order for it to mill properly, so I had to take the reigns and model it from scratch.
LA_RENDER-MK5_HELMET01.jpg

LA_RENDER-MK5_HELMET.jpg

LA_RENDER-MK5_HELMET05.jpg

LA_RENDER-MK5_HELMET07.jpg

Very nice work SKG!

I'm curious about what your render set up is. It looks like the bottom two images are with physical sun/sky but I'd like how the top two renders are set up. Do you have any render tips for those that you wouldn't mind sharing?

Keep up the awesome work everybody! I look forward to seeing this finished!

The top two are real time screenshots in Hypershot using default lighting settings and a single material applied to the entire object.

Hey Hugh :) The top renders, Bishop actually rendered out :)

And yup good ol' Physical Sun/Sky since it's a 10-30 seconds and nice render. Studio Lighting set ups take a while longer to render, maybe I'll try it once though :)

Thanks Road Kill :)

Great! Thanks for the info.

I've been doing all my renders using terragen 2 and maya then compositing in shake, but that's better for work than for this stuff.

Oh Shake, could never get used to the Node based system, but it was a good compositing App :)

What kind of work do you do Hugh? :)

Ah, I understand. I personally prefer node based setups, Nuke is actually my preferred compositing program but when I started at the company I'm at now they told me I had to either work in Shake or Final Cut Pro so...

I work as a 3D design engineer for a defense contractor (aeronautics division) ^_^

They hired me on as a digital modeler/sculptor initially then I became the setup artist, TD, then animator, now I pretty much work on anything involving 3D including rapid prototyping and 3d printing. I was kind of in the right place at the right time. They needed a digital artist and like prior military backgrounds.

That's so cool Hugh! Oh god compositing in fcp is a nightmare, ugh! Sounds like a great and challenging gig for you :). And great that you got to wear different hats too :)

Thanks again Road :)

ZOMG thats beautimus, Keep up the awesome work. I love that helmet, looks (insert word here). Im at a loss for words lol. wonderful model cant wait to see it milled :)

Sorry for no updates. We've had to get this guy completed to ship him out on Thursday. Once he's gone, we're back on the Halo stuff...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back