Legendary MK6

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, thought id stop by and check out your build. looking good so far! might i ask how you apply your bondo? (body filler) you can make much less work for yourself if you make sure the bondo is smooth before you start sanding. if you don't have anything to spread it on with, fold some cardstock in half and cut it about 2 1/2" wide, then use the fold to apply the bondo, and only make one or two passes, the less you work bondo initially, the less work it is later :) just thought id try to help out a bit. and before it gets very hard, when its sorta gummy feeling, you can *carefully* take a scrapping razor, the flat ones, and cut off the high spots, this will help save you some time as well. 2-3 thin layers of bondo is better than 1 thick layer.
BTW I'm not trying to say your stuff looks bad at all or anything, I'm truly just trying to give you some advice and make your build go easier :)

thank you for stopping by, and thanks for your advice. trust me when i say i know about bondo. i may have just joined this site but i am far from a noob. honestly, i dont mind having the extra bondo on, it gives me more room to play with, but that is not the reason my piece ended like that. i have personally bondo'd about 1/4 of my car, i know what im doing. in retrospect tho, working with the stuff in 80+ degree weather and in sun was a bad idea. i got maybe 2 sq.in. on smoothe before it started hardening, and when it went it straight up went, like when you grill a steak and the edges get black but you leave it on another minute and the whole side is black. yeah. it just went and i didnt want to waste it. so it is what it is.

honestly cinderblock, i know your trying to help so its whatever, i dont mind the explanation or anything, actually the cardboard is a really nice jem, it just hurts a little with the whole "(body filler)" part. i may be a noob here, but i know my way around.

sorry man, no offense with the body filler part, i was more saving my own skin on that, because sometimes people on here will jump on using the wrong terminology and generalizing any body filler as bondo.
I know exactly what you mean about it setting up, my dad owns a custom paint and fabrication shop so I have been working with the stuff since i was like 12 haha (and im 23 now) I hate trying to work with it when its hot out, sometimes you can get away with less catalyst, but depending on what brand you are using it may harden but just stay slightly tacky and gum up paper super fast. So Cal summers suck haha.

BTW not sure why i didnt mention this before, but damn your pep work is clean man. like really clean.

none taken dude! i can understand how harsh interweb people can be. awesome body shop background! love it! and yeah summer here sucks for working with a material that dries in relation to the heat! haha!

your build looks superb so far man. Wish I had the patience to do a pep build but I really don't lol

hello again, time for an update! thanks for all the support from everyone! and the words of wisdom! thanks everyone! so heres an update, spent all my free time this week finishing up my helmet, hand plates, and sadly, only one gauntlet... but i did get them finished and quite handsomely i think! what do you all think? hope you like the pics!
P5110207.jpg

P5110207.jpg

P5110210.jpg

P5110212.jpg

P5110213.jpg

P5110214.jpg

P5110217.jpg

P5110218.jpg

P5110219.jpg

P5110220.jpg

P5110222.jpg

Attachments

• P5110207.jpg
    P5110207.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 188
Looking really good Darth, Love the paint job and battle damage. Not to much and not to little :) Keep up the great work

lookin good man, lookin good. I want to see these pieces in person now haha.

thanks cinder! no worries you will, probably after i move sadly! haha

thanks everyone! i really had to imagine where wear would be, i actually ended up wearing them and doing some basic moves and manipulating different objects!

sorry for the double post, but i dont think it counts after like 6 days. anyway, im going to be putting my armor on hold for a few weeks, between work and moving, i have no free time anymore. i will try to work on it when i can, but dont expect anything major. thanks for following everyone!

Hell, yes! That are some outstanding peps. Seldom seen such accurate and clean HD-pieces. Hope mine will turn out somewhat close to yours in the pepping stage. All thumbs up! Also love your battle damage. I hope you have a smooth move. Can't wait to see how this continues.

The painting on those pieces look really good. I like the silver worn edges a lot! The helmet looks very well put together and not warped.

I got to see all the pieces he had finished, and the pieces that are in progress in person yesterday, and just don't seem to do his build any justice. It looks pretty awesome in person.

thank you to everyone for the props! they mean alot! especially Cinderblocks! got to hang out with the dude the other day, and hes got some beastly pieces that the thread doesnt do justice to either!

also on a side note, i do have a tiny update, finished my right gauntlet the other day, dont have pics yet, but i should have some up by the end of this weekend, thts the best i can do for now! i will update when i can, and thanks again to everyone for following this!

back on track!

well its time for quite an update!! first, i finally finished moving! what a pain tho! :/ but now i will be getting back on track! because of my job, i dont have a set schedule, so i will be updating my progress atleast once a week from now on! and if all goes well, i will have a nice little update tomorrow with some great shots of me wearing my armor! but for now, i have a little less awesomeness! and hopefully, i can find my hot glue gun and my cutting wheels tonight, or find out who moved them! so for now, heres what i got. between moving and work, ive had few hours for fun, and after a nice day today i have finished up my arms, and im about half way done with my chest. the chest is about half way there, i just need to finalize the look of the back, fill in any pock marks in the piece, then its attaching the clasps, paint and final detailing! if all goes well i will have the final piece up for viewing tomorrow! fingers crossed! anyhow, heres what i got, hope you all enjoy, and thanks for viewing!! :)

P6140223.jpg

P6140226.jpg

P6140228.jpg

P6140230.jpg

P6140234.jpg

P6140235.jpg

P6140236.jpg

P6140237.jpg

P6140238.jpg

P6140239.jpg

P6140240.jpg

Status