Legendary Modding in the works

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow74

Jr Member
Ok, Ive been working on this for a few days and im trying to get it done before Halloween, I gutted it out, Put the shell back together with Silcone and just got done putting on the nose peice today. Tommorow "Oct 22nd" I will be cutting some peices on the inside out because with the neck peice on, I cant put it on with those peices on so im cutting them off. then we will be putting padding all on the inside, if we still have enough time, ill be painting the helmet using the tutorial from Adam, then ill be putting my visor on. We may even put in led's

Tell me what you think so far

Old Pics Deleted

Update!: New pics (better lighting!)

http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff302/s...ter%20lighting/

Update 10/24/07:

Visor is finally on the helmet, we have to make a few adjustments though. The silver stripe on top of the visor is some stuff i hav to scratch off, it doesnt hurt the visor though.. adn thr visor is actually gold, it just looks like its purplish in the picture

IMGP1521.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mobeus said:
I see you've used enough glue at least.

Its silicone that you use for bathrooms and stuff, i dunno my dad said i should use it and its woking really good.

Isn't it still a little smalle on the proportion size to an adult?, when I look at it it just looks a little small is all... my Helm I created is bigger than that thing, and its proportional to my height and build...

Don't stop though, its an interesting alternative...

Molding this thing would definatly be copyright infringement... (edit: for copy and sale)

But anything created by anyone other than the Copyright holder is infringement... (edit: if what is created, is distributed)

Regardless... Keep going, interesting to see how you did it..

not really infrigement if your only making it for personal use, seeing as how he/she bought the helm, they have legal right to do whatever they want to it as long as they aren't reverse engineering it in order to mass produce it and sell for a profit, or claiming it as their work.

Oh and by the way, nice helm, but the pics sort of suck, it sort of looks like the helm is upside down in some or all of those pics

Spase said:
Isn't it still a little smalle on the proportion size to an adult?, when I look at it it just looks a little small is all... my Helm I created is bigger than that thing, and its proportional to my height and build...

Don't stop though, its an interesting alternative...

Molding this thing would definatly be copyright infringement...

But anything created by anyone other than the Copyright holder is infringement...

Regardless... Keep going, interesting to see how you did it..

Im not molding it if that what you think lol. and i actually have extra space in there without padding atm

PillowFire said:
not really infrigement if your only making it for personal use, seeing as how he/she bought the helm, they have legal right to do whatever they want to it as long as they aren't reverse engineering it in order to mass produce it and sell for a profit, or claiming it as their work.

Oh and by the way, nice helm, but the pics sort of suck, it sort of looks like the helm is upside down in some or all of those pics

Thank you (this is my first build :D )
yeah it is supposed to lol the mouth area had silicone that was drying

and im 12 and im a "he"

Ya dude unless youve got a parent working with you every second on this i recomend you stop cause this tuff can cause major dammage to your internals if not done in the proper area.

Thanks madness :)!

And I have my dad help with most things and I put in the silicone in our garage and let it dry outside by our poarch (very very new poarch)

I only have it in my room in the pics because the stuff has been drying for over 10 hours ans the smell goes away after about 1 hour of drying (it smells like viniger when drying)

I don't think the kid is recasting it, I think he is just modding it to where on haloween... hope anyway...

Spase said:
I don't think the kid is recasting it, I think he is just modding it to where on haloween... hope anyway...

Yeah Im just making it so its like a real helmet that i can wear, I really want this to be the best legendary modified helmet out atm.. im hoping

Only problem is silicone is not the best thing to use. He'd be much better off using hot glue. Silicone is too soft.

CPU64 said:
Only problem is silicone is not the best thing to use. He'd be much better off using hot glue. Silicone is too soft.

Ehh It seems to hold very well for me, and its way to late to change. Im already starting to put padding in

ur 12? oh wow..... just wait till u hit puberty, u'll grow out of that helm in a matter of months. there is almost no point in moding it and then just leaving it there if you can only wear it for like half a year. o_O might as well just make a pep helm o_O

no flame please. this is just my opinion. i believe in taking time to build something that will last a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back