Let The Madness Begin, Or My Warthog Build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me what the halo 4 warthog cab and bed dimensions are. I'm laying down the ground work for my uncle and I to build our own warthog.
The best thing to do is to just get a toy of it and scale it to the frame you are going to use. Or you planning on doing everything from scratch? When I started mine I was just looking at pictures for reference. As you can see going back though the build some it wasn't quite right and I had to cut it off and re-start. During that time I got a smaller toy and it helped out a lot. If you haven't already start your reference library and physically print them out. I put mine in a book. If you are set on the Halo 4 warthog focus on that. There are plenty of in game shots, and lots of pictures of the newer one 343 has built on the H1 chassis. While I am here a few words on my project. I am going to have to mod a few more things on mine right now to get it back going in the right direction. I hope to have some more progress pictures up this summer. I guess I have focused on just trying to find a cheap engine and letting other stuff take priority than getting the body done. I have a spare bare block for mock up. It's slept for far too long. That 52 Ford has kept me busy and I swapped a lot of stuff around on and and getting ready for my Wedding in May. When I have some real progress pictures to report when the body is fully welded to the new chassis. Then I will be back to where I left off. On the body pannels I could never get the results I wanted with the composites. I think I am just going to go with wood and fiberglass in some places with sheet metal in the others. I know I can weld it and shape it how I want it. 1: weld body to new chassis 2: mock up engine mounts on bare block and heads. 3: cut off side braces so the factory seats for the bronco will fit, then re-well back on. It will be easier later on to just change the seats and keep the factory seat frames that already fit the floor board. 4: Install all braces 5: Install the 35" thornbirds so I can get a feel of the new chassis to the body and see if later on if bigger tires will be needed. 6: Make, and install the forward folding hood frame. Once at least half of that is done, you will see more updates more often. I hate it that I have been off of it this long. But the tarp and me taking time to clean it and keep it primed has saved it from the elements. As things go when you get older. Life just gets in the way. You just have to decide if it will be in a bad way or good way.

Wow this is looking awesome!

You would have to go through a ridiculous amount of inspections for it to be road legal right ?

Wow this is looking awesome!

You would have to go through a ridiculous amount of inspections for it to be road legal right ?

I shouldn't. That is the reason for using a previously used truck. By retaining the floorboard and firewall it's considered the same truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back