Let The Madness Begin, Or My Warthog Build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this is ridiculously amazing!! What ever you do don't stop now! you have a lot completed and several have attempted to tackle this project, but not even a handful have successfully completed it. Hellijumper had a very difficult time trying to accomplish this by himself, but your doing an awesome job! Keep up the good work!!!!

This may be madness, but it's the sort of madness I LOVE! Cannot wait to see this finished! Tour the globe in it and your armour, the world needs something like this every now and again to make people smile. Keep it up!

This is excellent, I want to make one too but I dont have any designs for the frame, you wouldnt mind helping me out would you?

i've kept my metaphorical mouth shut so far but i just have to say:

awesome. don't give up half-way though. this is going to rule...

maybe not as much as the WETA version, but hey, WETA has the resources to

play around with stuff like this.

keep on keepin'-on.

UPDATE

OCT 16TH

Got back to a slow start again. I angle cut the top edges, bent them down like they should be and welded it in. Tomorrow going to work on filling in the gaps in the top to finally get them all sealed up properly.

4017814875_c5bb3f98f8_o.jpg

4017814877_57ee11b3c4_o.jpg

4017814881_0fa37a5bcc_o.jpg

More tomorrow. Time to get this project back on track.

Cool! I wish I knew stuff about vehicles so I could make a Mongoose... A Warthog wouldn't fit in my garage.

Dude, I have two Questions

1) Are you gonna add a motor to the Hog???

and

2) Are you gonna make a transport warthog, a turret hog, or a gauss turret hog???

Oh, and the project is coming out really good.

Ok I officially bookmarked this page... looking really good. Cant wait to see how it turns out. Never seen anyone on this site attempt a VEHICLE before.

Altair651 said:
Man Ive been watching this topic for a couple months now, when are you gonna start adding body panels!? =0

It's still a little early for body pannels just yet. Still have to get the engine and trans in, cut and rework the transmission tunnel, cut and weld in the lower windshield frame. Then i will be working on bridging some of the gaps with 1" x 1" square tubing so when i do put the panels on there won't be a chance of them sagging before i reinforce them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back