Let The Madness Begin, Or My Warthog Build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
TODAYS UPDATE
JUNE 16TH

NOT A LOT DONE THE LAST FEW DAYS, HAVEN'T HAD A SITTER AND HAD EYE DOCTOR TO GO TO TODAY. WHILE I WAS OUT I GOT FEW THINGS SO I CAN PLAY WITH WHAT COMBO I WANT TO USE FOR BODY PANELS.

3633362015_cb7184b7bd_o.jpg

3633362021_33f706793a_o.jpg

3633362027_0a66354eec_o.jpg

I picked up some 2 foot by 8 foot sheets of expanded metal, works good after shaping with fiberglass and spray foam.

4 foot by 8 foot sheets of plastic, very flexible.

1 inch thick x 4 foot wide x 8 foot long foam sheet.

I saw your new shots on Flickr, and came over here for the commentary. It looks like you're on the right track, keep up the awesome work!

TODAYS UPDATE
JUNE 17

WILL BE BACK ON THE WARTHOG TOMORROW. GOT MY AIR SHARP MINI GUN PLANS IN AND LOOKING AT WHAT I MAY HAVE TO MOD TO MAKE IT A THREE BARREL GUN. PLANNING ON ORDERING A FEW SHEETS OF ABS PLASTIC SO I CAN DO SOME WORK ON IT SOON. IT WILL BE BASED OFF OF THERE 616 SCREAMER AS THE MAIN BASE.

3637619640_7a8bf26c93_o.jpg

TODAY'S UPDATE
JUNE 18

Got back to welding today. Finished the main structure of the roof. Got a few more welds to finish out tomorrow. I had to cut part of the first stuff i welded down in the ft. I decided it wasn't right and redid it.

3639188253_7fcc4d0c0f_o.jpg

3639188255_dd11dbf326_o.jpg

3639188257_d29ee5aaa4_o.jpg

3639188259_c8846d659c_o.jpg

3639188263_b728d84d5d_o.jpg

3639188265_be508e948a_o.jpg

Tomorrow i will see about the new braces from the hood area to the lower windshield brace.

It has always been a dream of mine to build a hog, and you are on your way.

I don't know what to say to keep you motivated, other than when you are finished, this will be an achievement that will opden doors for you.

Please, continue to work, and if it comes to it, we should all do a PayPal fundraiser to help you acquire the necessary means to continue your project.

When you are done, you need to take this thing, travel around the US, and rent it out for special occasions, or as a sort of limo service.

You can do special orders, and make back all the cash you sank into this thing.

Think about, this is America, and capitalism thrives.

I would pay money to rent a hog, do photo shoots, or just pay admission to come see the thing at a car show.

Keep this up, and every day do as much as you can, because it is always more than before.

In the words of Michael Jackson, "Don't Stop til you Get Enough."

RELLIK NISSASSA said:
It has always been a dream of mine to build a hog, and you are on your way.

I don't know what to say to keep you motivated, other than when you are finished, this will be an achievement that will opden doors for you.

Please, continue to work, and if it comes to it, we should all do a PayPal fundraiser to help you acquire the necessary means to continue your project.

When you are done, you need to take this thing, travel around the US, and rent it out for special occasions, or as a sort of limo service.

You can do special orders, and make back all the cash you sank into this thing.

Think about, this is America, and capitalism thrives.

I would pay money to rent a hog, do photo shoots, or just pay admission to come see the thing at a car show.

Keep this up, and every day do as much as you can, because it is always more than before.

In the words of Michael Jackson, "Don't Stop til you Get Enough."

(we should all do a PayPal fundraiser to help you acquire the necessary means to continue your project.) I don't think that would be necessary i got most of what i need all ready and i work offshore in Saudi Arabia, been with the company for 10 years so i think i am good.

(When you are done, you need to take this thing, travel around the US, and rent it out for special occasions, or as a sort of limo service.) I don't see me really renting it out. But driving it like i stole it does top my to do list. And anyone wanting pictures if i take it to any shows will be free to jump on and finger print it all they want.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are completely crazy but this is so a great project!!!

I gess it's extremely expensive but continue! For now it's going very well! Good luck!

EZairsoft said:
you need to buy an airsoft turret and put it in the back
if not, go with a spray painted nerf vulcan

Check out post 164.

Well it's 3:35 AM here and I just hit the end of page 9...damn I love this build! Your doing an incredible job if I can echo the sentiments of everyone else and can't wait to see an update when you get time.

This truly is amazing and you are absolutely brilliant for seeing this through all the way. I really can't wait to see it when you're done!

TODAY'S UPDATE
JUNE 22
GOT MOST OF WHAT I HAD WELDED UP FULLY. AND GOT STARTED ON THE FT AGAIN.

3652149453_167fc7a649_o.jpg

3652149447_5844f9556b_o.jpg

3652149441_9b88ec0b63_o.jpg

WELL THIS WILL BE IT FOR THE WARTHOG FOR A WEEK. I HAVE A CLASS FOR WORK I HAVE TO GO TOO AT HOUSTON, TX AND WILL NOT BE HOME TILL THE 27TH. I WILL HAVE A LITTLE TIME TO DO SOME MORE TO IT BEFORE I LEAVE TO GO BACK TO WORK ON THE 1ST OF JULY.

You think some old Jeep Wrangler seats would be good to get for the hog? They're pretty close in design, and all they'd need would be some paint or something along those lines.

This is the best pic I could find.
93858.jpg

Nugget said:
You think some old Jeep Wrangler seats would be good to get for the hog? They're pretty close in design, and all they'd need would be some paint or something along those lines.

This is the best pic I could find.
93858.jpg

I have two options planned out, one is buy a set of low back plastic drag/dune buggy seats and get a custom seat cover made for them. Or i am just going to make up a frame with angle iron and 3/4 plywood, cut up a old rear seat i have from a 88 t-bird for the foam (most newer car rear seats are almost solid foam) and take it to a shop and get them covered. Depending on how how thick the foam is and my "seat of the pants" feel of it i may have to cut out part of the plywood out and replace it with cut seat belts for the webbing and criss cross it for a better feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back