Let The Madness Begin, Or My Warthog Build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good, but there's one thing though...

You are SO coming up to Canada and let me ride in it ;)

Good to see it coming along! I remember seeing this all the way back last year... Looks great!

mustang2500 said:
Looks good, but there's one thing though...

You are SO coming up to Canada and let me ride in it ;)

Good to see it coming along! I remember seeing this all the way back last year... Looks great!

He'll have to ride past massachusetts and let me have a go at it first before he reaches canada... lol...

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE

MAY 11, 2010

I welded i some wedges for the side drops i did on last update. I still have more wedges to cut and weld into place for the sides, but i have enough now they won't shift. Today, I cut and welded in the back angle pieces that go behind the main cab.

4600034372_63e2908c71_o.jpg

4600034368_e1428ccace_o.jpg

4600034366_09a6fffcb6_o.jpg

4600034364_a4357cd710_o.jpg

4600034354_96b912da7c_o.jpg

ADOR said:
UPDATE

MAY 11, 2010

I welded i some wedges for the side drops i did on last update. I still have more wedges to cut and weld into place for the sides, but i have enough now they won't shift. Today, I cut and welded in the back angle pieces that go behind the main cab.

nice, now its REALLY starting to look like a warthog

UPDATE

MAY 16 2010

Got the last of the welding done on the back and added couple of pieces to stiffen it up. The Warthog is out of the shop now. I will be heading to work later today. Dropping few pictures here before i go. Be back on it next time.

4611569915_d70f122742_o.jpg

4611569913_f421f7e44d_o.jpg

4611569905_fe62ffac87_o.jpg

4611569893_e9a9577dfe_o.jpg

Nice 'stangs dude! :p

This looks amazing. How much detail are you planning on putting into it? I hope as much as you can. Are you planning on doing anything for the dash?

LOL Are you going to be picking up chicks in ur hog when its finished... LOL I would love to tag along LOL JK jk

LOOKING Great man Looking great,... i'm just surprised i didn't see this at all in the past 8 months...

I Would love to see this finished keep up the good work :)

[quote name=\\\'rvalera11\\\' date=\\\'16 May 2010 - 04:51 PM\\\' timestamp=\\\'1274043099\\\' post=\\\'426711\\\']LOL Are you going to be picking up chicks in ur hog when its finished... LOL I would love to tag along LOL JK jk[/quote]

\\\"Chicks? What chicks are you gonna pick up man?!? And secondly; What kind of chicks are you gonna pick up in a car that looks like that?\\\"- Church, RvB

lol... Seriously though... looking better and better with each update! Dying to see it with body panels :D

rundown said:
cant wait to see it all plated and with an engine that runs :) anxious to see.

I am hoping the running part will be very soon. I have been looking and looking for a new blazer or bronco chassis to put the body on. Can't finish the mods on the bottom like the turrent mount till i do. I have my receipt for the metal, but to get it road legal i need a title. The chassis i have now doesn't have one, it was just a cheap junkyard reject to get me started. Also to help with titling this beast i will need to also have the floorboard and firewall from the "donor" vehicle. So my game plan has been to get a new running blazer or bronco and take the top and door off. Cut the rear off. Then trim the firewall till the Warthog body will drop over the new chassis. Yesterday before i left for work i found one for 300 dollars minus engine. (Good thing small block Chevy's grow on trees, lol) If it wasn't for me going to work i would have gotten it right then. It is a 74 model, same year model chassis i have so swapping it will be easy. The man said no one had showed real interest in it because the body looked like crap and the ft clip was off of it. Keep your fingers crossed it is still there when i get home. ( it has 37" tires on it already, lol) ( My current chassis has several problems. All of the brakes need to be replaced, steering box is busted, no engine, trans, drive shafts. That stuff adds up quick, so a new chassis is a cheap way to get it all back on track)( i will also need from the DMV a "certificate of disasembly" before you are suppose to "legaly" take a vehicle apart, so with it having a title this will be a big step in getting it road legal)

As soon as i can get the "legal" and "running" part done i will be filling in some of the gaps with 2" x 2" braces, 2" x 2" lower windshield frame and 1" x 1" hood frame work i will be playing with skinning. I am looking at three things right now for skin and will be playing with it all and may have to do a combo of all three of these.

1: Use expanded metal shaped and tack welded into place, then fiberglassing over it. ( See materials in back of my truck on post #162) And on a few parts put aluminum plates on some parts over the fiberglass.

2: Use wood, fiberglass and foam sheets ( Read up on " foam composite construction" hovercraft and aircraft sites are good to learn this)

3: Use aluminum sheets or sheet metal sheets and shape them on a brake

So who is going to build the Scorpion now :D

OH ME ME ME! LOL. I would love to do one of them too. But the Mongoose is next. Part of the frame work is cut out already. If you see some of these ( http://www.mattracks.com/ ) just lying around let me know so i can get started on the Scorpion, lol.

You're doing a mongoose too?

Can you imagine if someone actually made a Scorpion? THAT would be amazing. Until they get arrested :( Maybe a Hornet could come first.

mustang2500 said:
Nice 'stangs dude! :p

This looks amazing. How much detail are you planning on putting into it? I hope as much as you can. Are you planning on doing anything for the dash?

Thanks, that is three of my four mustangs. That is my 67 coupe that i have had since high school, next to it is a factory big block mach 1, and under the silver tarp is another 67 mustang coupe that is going to be my oldest son's first car.

I plan on putting as much detail as i can put on it. Just going to have to play with the panels till they look right. On the dash i have almost started it and the console several times but have talked myself out of it because i am swapping the chassis out when i can and don't want to have to backtrack again and re do it.

Awesome job so far. The builds on the 405th just get getting bigger and bigger. Mongoose and scorpion sound cool, but I want .....

......A WORKING PELICAN. that would be the mst epic build taken up by the 405th ever...... of all time(I love RvB).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back