Linda-058 First FULL build. I'll do it in 143 days!! 52 DAYS LEFT

Discussion in 'New Recruits' started by Jurassic, Apr 13, 2016.

1. CommanderPalmer

CommanderPalmer Membership Officer

Re: Linda-058 First FULL build. I'll do it in 143 days!!

Damn, I really love these cute feet. <3

2. Jurassic

Jurassic

Thanks for your encouragement! I just laughed alloud in the break room at peperonie sticking XD

Do what you will with those files. I love to help others out. I will release the others once I deem them to be of the highest quality.

The boots worked very well with my lower weight cardstock, albeit it took forever since my feets aren't man sized.

I got a lot of detailed shots of under boot and everything on the weekend so I was probably going to edit your pep to represent that if other people are as obsessive as I am about detail.

THEY ARE THE CUTEST I CANT WAIT TO WEAR THEM!!! <3

I'll get home from work in 3.5 hrs so expect some screaming about my lack of printer ink and peperonie blues posted soon.

3. CommanderPalmer

Jurassic OK! I'M WAITING FOR SOME ANGRY RANT NOW!
    Also, yeah... Spartan feet are so cute! <3 They definitely make all Spartans a lot cuter than they should be, lol :D
    And I can't want to see you wear them.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2017
    Dirtdives likes this.
  4. Jurassic

Jurassic

SO AFTER MANY HOURS OF SCRUTINY GLARING AT BLENDER AND MY PEP..... I trusted the internet too much; male chest instead of female. The difference in either models is very hard to notice, but I notice.

Is it really worth it? Do I make a new pep file...
    Screenshot_38.png
    I got maybe 1/4 done anyways.
    IMG_20160503_231301.jpg IMG_20160503_231319.jpg

And that's about it since last time besides I bought a printer. Been sick so not much has been done the past 5 days.

5. SavedbyGraceG12

SavedbyGraceG12 Well-Known Member

I think its a matter of your body type. It would help to have a photo of you with the torso in front of you.

6. Sierra 165

Sierra 165

It looks awesome great job

7. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

It depends on whether it will fit you or not......If it does bother because of the type (M/F), then the fit is immaterial. Go ahead and redo....it's what will make you feel in the end.....You have the right armor or your wearing a male chest piece.........your choice.

8. CommanderPalmer

It really depends. It may fit you! I'd rather continue and see if it fits or not.
    You can always do a mannequin of your chest area to later on harden the pieces on it so they will fit your body - then they should fit perfect! If you should have some excess on the sides, you'll just cut it, BUT it will still fit you perfectly as it was hardened on something that fits your body.

9. IshidaRyusei

IshidaRyusei

It's really just an issue of fit. If it fits go for it. If it doesn't then start over. It's literally the same issue with crossplay because the male costumes come in male sizes unless special ordered in female measurements or custom made. You're making this custom to your measurements so it should fit in theory unless the issue is with bust in which case you have two options, you can either bind or remake the chest to accommodate the extra size. Actually you have three options now that I think about it, you can also remake in the female model too. It's all dependent on how you want to approach the issue. I'm just lucky I'm really flat so I can cosplay guys and girls with ease but even then it has its pros and cons.

10. Chernobyl

Chernobyl

Build according to your body - if the male torso file fits you better, I would suggest you use that.

I'd also recommend against adding in the shielded areas along the collar to the base file - if something goes wrong, you have a lot more work to do in solving the problem. Make those parts separate and you'll have a lot less work to do when hardening and filling.

11. Huntress217

Huntress217

That helmet tho! Linda is my favorite, I can't wait to see how this comes together. Good luck Spartan!

12. Jurassic

Jurassic

Really you are right, the issue is mostly bust and I am petite stature but BUILT WITH MUSCLE and boob. At this late in the game I don't think I have much of an option besides continuing from what I have done anyways. I'm going to do a 3d printed build later on this year!~

I am omitting the shield bits from the actual torso for now just like you say, I wanted to keep the floating ab plate as well but it will be an issue later. The pack and cameras are separate as well. I plan to make most of the chest modular with screws/magnets/ sockets/ some kind of modified hose clamping hinges. It will help with sizing at least....

I too cannot wait til I can wear this!! :d

13. IshidaRyusei

IshidaRyusei

You're the polar opposite of me then XD I'm petit and skinny as can be. It's great in some ways but a pain in the rump in others. Hoping to put on at least some muscle eventually but gaining weight in any sense is more of a struggle than it should be.

14. Jurassic

Jurassic

Each body type with their blessings and their curses of course. My day job I never sit except for on breaks and am constantly lifting heavy things/ walking, this is why I have muscle I suppose besides I love ham! Again opposite of you I am slimming into the new H5 "reveals-all undersuit" . TFW I am more suited to being DARE than Linda. ;p

15. Chernobyl

Chernobyl

If you're looking for a good workout to tone yourself, try looking into squats/curls/sit-ups and jogging. I tend to spend about an hour on a three-mile jog daily, followed by a 20minute course of reps and whatnot. My stomach's firming back up and... well. Let's not talk about the caboose, but the husband likes it :p

Regardless - I'd recommend mainly working on the lower core (tummy/bum/legs) if you want to get a more screen-accurate Spartan physique. Mercifully, the upper torso armour hides the upper body, and padding solves what workouts can't.

Dirtdives likes this.
  16. Jurassic

Jurassic

Jogging is pretty much the death of me. I have pretty bad knees but everything else I get on the job. Otherwise I have found biking and rowing really target all leg, core, and back areas that spartans have toned.

I personally spend about 40 mins to an hour biking to and from work uphill at a steady, fast pace. I highly recommend this as a free transportation and quad builder; if it's safe to do so in your area. Huge motivator is having 20 mins to get to work on a 30 min ride because you stayed up too late making cosplay... Ive made records of 16 mins from that.

Dirtdives and ZP180 like this.
  17. IshidaRyusei

IshidaRyusei

So true ^^" A high metab makes it easier to lose weight than it is to gain. A big issue for myself, always hungry but can never pack it on.

XD I'm lucky my physique gives me a fairly toned stomach naturally and I'm long legged. I basically have the ideal Cortana physique save for larger.... bust *pats the barely existent chest*. I don't much like biking so I've been the type to walk everywhere when possible. It's amazing though just how out of shape I am T_T all from a year of not walking to school. Since I started college last September I've been fairly inactive. I just started going for jogs this week and am wheezing by the time I'm halfway around the block which is something I used to be able to do with ease. It's depressing really :p I need to get myself back in shape for the summer walks up the hill. No way am I hopping the bus when I can walk the hour or two to Central library.

Dirtdives likes this.
  18. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

My knees are shot so running's out.......Catcher in Softball for years.......so biking is my thing.........I do any where from 25-40 miles on the weekends and an hour in the house a day. Still haven't gotten rid of the spare tire but it differently has sprung a leak and the air is slowwwwwwly leaving me. I have to be able to fit into my old skydive suit which might be my undersuit.......Some where on here is the MC work out chart........But getting back to the build, as everyone has already stated......Its your own preference. Use the piece you have if it fits.

19. IshidaRyusei

IshidaRyusei

I'm going to go hunt down that chart. Edit: Found it. Not sure how much of it is really for me ^^" At least not yet. I have barely any upper body strength. I can do a good portion of it but the push ups I tend to just flop on the floor and be a fish.

Dirtdives likes this.
  20. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Chernobyl FYI, All husbands like their wives wife's caboose........Its some of the wives that don't like their own caboose.......;)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2017
  21. Chernobyl

Chernobyl

True. But less talking about the quality of my behind, this is supposed to be a build thread.

Magical powers of hurling this thread out of the gutter AWAY!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2017
    Dirtdives likes this.
  22. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Don't you mean ACTIVATE?

- - - Updated - - -

Don't you mean....ACTIVATE?

23. IshidaRyusei

IshidaRyusei

Yes, back to the build.

Dirtdives likes this.
  24. Jurassic

Jurassic

Choo choo, here comes the re-railing train!

I HATE BLENDER! There, I said it. This is the worst part of pepping adding in/taking out details, or fixing game meshes. I'm trying to move onto forearms and shins. The chest is gonna just collect some dust while I am less frustrated :D
    Screenshot_49.png

25. SavedbyGraceG12

SavedbyGraceG12 Well-Known Member

Doesn't look like you converted from tris to quads. That might alleviate some of the confusion'