Linda-058 First FULL build. I'll do it in 143 days!! 52 DAYS LEFT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright guys, it's been a while but I thought I should update you on where things are at. My friend who's doing Fred is helping me finish up the helmets bondo for christmas? I've scrapped all the pieces, and made a new thigh file which I hope works this time. I'd appreciate any pointers you guys may have when it comes to custom sizing something since I am 5'3 with weird short legs haha.

Also I have no time constraint this time, so I won't let it warp like this did if you can tell:lol.
IMG_20161208_214714.jpg

Oh! This is still alive! Awesome! I'm glad to see you're still keeping up with things - I'm going to be transferring my work to a 3D printer, but I'm still very impressed with your work!

Oh! This is still alive! Awesome! I'm glad to see you're still keeping up with things - I'm going to be transferring my work to a 3D printer, but I'm still very impressed with your work!
Yes, I am still here! I felt really guitly about not updating the thread, but I didnt feel like I had anything worth posting for the last months. Plus I got obsessed with Overwatch (I didn't buy it untill after Con because I knew this would happen.)
I am also waiting on my friend to get a new 3D printer for some of the parts; I had saved up for one but my job is not providing me hours.

I second this. When you finish, I think you'll be the first Linda around!
That would be absolutely radical!

Looks totally sick! amazing work really is

I hope so haha... I've spent too much time on details in the modelling process that I haven't done enough on the finishing stages xD It's going to be the same for when I paint and do the weathering naturally. ( By actually falling over and stuff. Let's hope I don't break too much ahhaha)

I hope so haha... I've spent too much time on details in the modelling process that I haven't done enough on the finishing stages xD It's going to be the same for when I paint and do the weathering naturally. ( By actually falling over and stuff. Let's hope I don't break too much ahhaha)

You're going to have to be careful when you weather naturally. I would generally advise against natural weathering for the most part, but on a helmet it could go really bad. Bondo is semi-brittle once it hardens, and by dropping your parts, I feel like you could crack them badly, and possibly to the point where you can't fix it. I'm not saying that you shouldn't do it, but just be careful when/if you do. After all, you don't want hours of work to go down the drain once you're already that far in the process.

You're going to have to be careful when you weather naturally. I would generally advise against natural weathering for the most part, but on a helmet it could go really bad. Bondo is semi-brittle once it hardens, and by dropping your parts, I feel like you could crack them badly, and possibly to the point where you can't fix it. I'm not saying that you shouldn't do it, but just be careful when/if you do. After all, you don't want hours of work to go down the drain once you're already that far in the process.

I wouldn't be dropping the parts perse,but more scraping and bumping against people and things during use at cons. I'll be doing minimal weathering pre convention since in my experience every thing gets damaged any ways while wearing it. Be rest assured though i absolutely won't be breaking them, i would be mortified ...xD

I wouldn't be dropping the parts perse,but more scraping and bumping against people and things during use at cons. I'll be doing minimal weathering pre convention since in my experience every thing gets damaged any ways while wearing it. Be rest assured though i absolutely won't be breaking them, i would be mortified ...xD

Whew! Good to know! I must've taken your post about the weathering the wrong way. Glad to here the armor isn't in danger.

Alright guys, it's been a while but I thought I should update you on where things are at. My friend who's doing Fred is helping me finish up the helmets bondo for christmas? I've scrapped all the pieces, and made a new thigh file which I hope works this time. I'd appreciate any pointers you guys may have when it comes to custom sizing something since I am 5'3 with weird short legs haha.

Also I have no time constraint this time, so I won't let it warp like this did if you can tell:lol.
View attachment 26377
Have you posted any of your models beside the chest and helmet? I'd love to have them. Keep up the great work!

Have you posted any of your models beside the chest and helmet? I'd love to have them. Keep up the great work!

I could post the thigh, arm and knee bits. The boots should already be up here somewhere. I'd have to dig them up since I haven't had any time to work on this and it's a new PC.

Hey kids I thought I'd post an update before work. In the past 3 weeks I've been getting really.... really, badly timed hours so progress is way behind. I have a week at least to get EVERYTHING painted although I'm past my initial deadline for priming.

Here's where I'm at, knees just need to be painted, the right forearm is nearly done, just need to sand shoes and some areas of helmet. I'm going to have to make a new chest piece after this con so that's going to be... roughly smoothed and painted that's it! My friend is doing hand, butt, and a calf piece for me. At least that's covered.

I'll put a link to progress pic dump I have HERE.

Now I need help choosing the paint colour

View attachment 22932

View attachment 22933View attachment 22934

My perfectionism is my downfall right now. (besides all the people quitting at work so i have to work more than my part-time hours ;-;)

I'll be back from work at 8:30pst I'll post sanded things from tonight later :p
if you need help choosing the paint color, you could buy the Linda figure from Gamestop and have it color matched at Home Depot

if you need help choosing the paint color, you could buy the Linda figure from Gamestop and have it color matched at Home Depot

I do have the figure, but it's way too small for the spectro. I'll probably just pickup the Dover white from work. ( I quit HD since I started the build)

Figured out that the paint I picked up last year is actually the right colour! Krylon satin river rock is perfect!

Here's an update on what I'm doing currently;

Styled some wigs, made some OW cosplay, Made a 3D printer. Now looking to convert all my Linda files into high res printed parts. Helmet and stuff may still stay pep since its done already... but I cannot resist the ease and accuracy of printing things....

If ya'll have any recommendations on how to make those files my friend and I'd greatly appreciate it!!!!

Here's a few things Iv'e worked on recently unrelated to linda. Imgur stoof

dbfOB9s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back