listening music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenneth Morgan

Was just wondering what do you listen to when working on your costume? This has probably been asked before but I thought I would ask anyway. I have Pandora so I listen to different kinds. Usually listen to Electronic music.

I am a man of simple tastes.
1564245580737.png

When I'm in my workshop and don't have an internet connection I have a 60GB iPod Video in a speaker dock that's loaded with whatever music fits in, I hit shuffle and whatever plays, plays. Chaos Shuffle.

I 100% listen to music when I'm building. Different genre's for different moods (naturally). I wouldn't want to do it without it.
I've actually got a new speaker sitting at home waiting for me to open up, just teasing me to start building.

If I'm in my office I typically put on Netflix with a show I've seen multiple times and can kind of zone in/out of. In my workshop I play a lot of rock and 90's alternative while I'm working.
I second the rock/90s alt.

My favorite is big band jazz, but every once in a while I will hit up a playlist of the ost of a game, such as the +300 song playlist of every halo, but do keep in mind that some of them are quite similar. My favorite playlists are tf2, tower unite, halo, (og destiny has amazing songs but it isnt a great playlist because of the other ones), and my absolute favorite; starwars III revenge of the sith

Because I don't want to switch between songs all the time, I usually listen to long mixes of EDM or Trap ( no Dupstep anymore). It motivates me. There are nuances, I like Chill, Dark, Bass heavy Trap or Sad Beats/ Female Vocals.

But my taste is seriously all over the place - from Avenged sevenfold to K-pop...
Even classical music. Vivaldi, Bach and the like.
There are good OSTs, Halo of course...Deus Ex, Batman Games, Dishonored, Star wars obviously, Westworld has music from the guy who made the GOT theme....

And I love simplistic 90's sound! Mostly because I grew up with it.

And as a german guy a lot of weird sounding jams for most of you :)

Because I don't want to switch between songs all the time, I usually listen to long mixes of EDM or Trap ( no Dupstep anymore). It motivates me. There are nuances, I like Chill, Dark, Bass heavy Trap or Sad Beats/ Female Vocals.

But my taste is seriously all over the place - from Avenged sevenfold to K-pop...
Even classical music. Vivaldi, Bach and the like.
There are good OSTs, Halo of course...Deus Ex, Batman Games, Dishonored, Star wars obviously, Westworld has music from the guy who made the GOT theme....

And I love simplistic 90's sound! Mostly because I grew up with it.

And as a german guy a lot of weird sounding jams for most of you :)
You got good tastes

Hahaha, thanks!
Even though I can't play an instrument myself, I really appreciate the variety of music out there. Reddit even has ginormous charts and graphics on all the different sub layers of each style of music - there really is a lot out here. And a lot of crap too.
That's why I don't listen to mainstream / radio music anymore.

Hahaha, thanks!
Even though I can't play an instrument myself, I really appreciate the variety of music out there. Reddit even has ginormous charts and graphics on all the different sub layers of each style of music - there really is a lot out here. And a lot of crap too.
That's why I don't listen to mainstream / radio music anymore.
If you use spotify, you should check out obscurify.com to see how non-mainstream your music is. It would have me believe I'm a hipster, with an obscurity rating of 85% more obscure music than average

OK. Not sure what I was expecting but I'm sitting here saying WOW!!. The range and spectrum is awesome. From classical to big band jazz to game music. Very interesting. BTW the game music that you talk about, is there a place to down load it or do you get it off the game itself? be cool to listen to that sometimes while i'm building.

I also listen to a variety, anything from rock/metal/classic-rock/etc, classical, instrumental, acoustic, chillstep, electronic, electroswing, Jamaican dubstep, game tracks, various hipster stuffs, etc. Really depends on my mood, but it so happens that when I'm building my mood is usually beer + rock. I do all my listening via Spotify Kenneth Morgan... unless I want Tool, then I hit up YouTube.

YouTube has alot of good ost playlists, but I am sure you can find some on sound cloud and spotify. Maybe not pandora.

I like music that revolves around me. I like classical because I play the bass in an orchestra, I like bands because I March alto sax, and I love jazz on the bari saxophone. I also play the bagpipes but that sometimes gets a little annoying :b

Then there is the music on the radio. I dont know about yall but the music nowadays is garbage...

I listen to mostly video game soundtracks like Destiny, Halo, and other nostalgic soundtracks like command and conquer 1 + 2, Castlevania: SOTN, Megaman X, Final Fantasy, Donkey Kong Country, the list goes on.

Sometimes I'll also listen to Matthew Collvile for DM advice for D&D on Youtube.

I can't have something like Neflix running in the background. If there's a show going on, I have to sit and watch it. I tried to have Jack Ryan on Amazon in the background but I ended up watching it instead of working on my armor.

When it comes to game music, the trick is calming, familiar and not too distracting.

Animal Crossing is perfect.

I too listen to game music, usually with rainy noises behind it too, lol! When that gets too relaxing or so I also listen to Critical Role (a podcast where nerdy voice actors sit around and play dungeons and dragons) since I'm soooooo behind on the episodes.

I too listen to game music, usually with rainy noises behind it too, lol! When that gets too relaxing or so I also listen to Critical Role (a podcast where nerdy voice actors sit around and play dungeons and dragons) since I'm soooooo behind on the episodes.

Matt Mercer is just super cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back