Lol! $14,999 For A Big Daddy Costume Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arithen

I am still trying to figure out if this is a joke or not. I've read a few articles (by read i mean read the title) and skipped through a short video of some guy in (what apparently is called) the Bioshock 2 Uber Edition. anyways, I got into a discussion while playing AvP talking about this "uber edition" version and who would pay $14,999 for this...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McLQx6R1QQo&feature=player_embedded[/media]

skip ahead to 3:20. yes... for ONLY $14,999 you can get that. So i said during this discussion on this that i know about 30 people (on this site) that could make an exact replica that doesnt look like crap, has weathering, has a functional everything and so on and probably get away with selling it for $3000-$5000.

So i guess, if anyone's talented enough and in need of some moola, you can build and sell an awesome big daddy suit for $14,999 and get away with it.

Seems like a bit of a joke to me, pretty funny there at the end actually, but a great find nevertheless ghost!!

It says at the end its cancelled :pApart from that even if it was real. The whole suit fully functional could be self made for a lot less which you say so yourself :p. Nice find tho haha pretty funny ending. " You are so f*cking fired" And the big daddy doesnt even look like the big daddy itself. No weathering. The colour of the helmet is off. (I have played threw the game 10 times now :p) The drill is to small. Clothing not buffed enough. All parts look like cheap plastic, not like metallic what so ever. So i say to ithica go get um!. Seeing he is building one.

well i think its a joke... lols

and if anyway this is true, im not going to buy the "uber edition" for $14,999 lols might as well create one for cheap and will rename it to "super uber edition!" yey! (sound effect on the vid)

We aren't costume bashers folks we're costume builders. The costume looks really good to me, just needs a good bit of weathering to make it shine.

And the commercial is pretty good imho. Also as to the cost, real props by prop houses for commercial purposes are often that much. Just think of the difference in price from buying a new car vs. assembling a classic car kit for much cheaper.

Unlocking this just play nice.

looked funny.. kinda cool... at the end it is a joke hence uber editdion cancelled.. lol i liked that they did have some fun with it though. who ever made the costume did a good job on the suit. needs some weathering but thats about it.

Assassin716 said:
yeah thats what caught my eye the most a twirling drill, maybe its a simple electric motor stored on the inside

Most of the other bioshock costumes use an actual power drill.

Last edited by a moderator:
.... I wouldn't buy a Big Daddy costume for 15k, but I'd sure love to sell one. Though seriously, who is going to buy one of these? I'm guessing there aren't too many adolescent adults who would pay that much for one of these.... It'd make a nice conversation piece though. I have to admit, I'd pay for the Plasmid abilities ;)

Cheers!

It's not a Big Daddy costume, it's an actual Big Daddy. Buying a suit for $15k is ridiculous, but buying a personal body guard who shoots lightning from his hands (and whatnot) would definitely be worth that much.

IT'S A JOKE PEOPLE...

Honestly didn't think people caught onto it.

I kinda like the costume, but I agree it did need some weathering.

I think that the weathering would make it look 100x better =]

Sniperbaas392 said:
.... I wouldn't buy a Big Daddy costume for 15k, but I'd sure love to sell one. Though seriously, who is going to buy one of these? I'm guessing there aren't too many adolescent adults who would pay that much for one of these.... It'd make a nice conversation piece though. I have to admit, I'd pay for the Plasmid abilities ;)

Agreed.

:lol

Last edited by a moderator:
you'd be surprised how much the commerical sector charges for booth 'babe' costumes.
from my understanding, the dead space 2 EA promo costume used for conventions, cost between two or three times that amount (though that ad is probably just a joke)

you'd be surprised how much the commerical sector charges for booth 'babe' costumes.
from my understanding, the dead space 2 EA promo costume used for conventions, cost between two or three times that amount (though that ad is probably just a joke)

It's no joke. To put things into perspective, one of the businessess I do work for asked if I could do three, non posable, nine inch tall anime figures, paying me $1500 each. $1500 for three or four day's of work, $4500 for less than two weeks work. As for a custom made promo costume, well, it's cheaper to get a brand new 2011 Chevy Camaro. Heck, it's cheaper to buy a really nice, real world rifle over one of my prototypes that you see here on the site. Insane huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back