LongShot-X's Mark VI HD MJOLNIR Armor - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
agreed. This thread has totally been a huge boost to motivation to get a vast amount of pep work done, that's for sure. Even got my brother and a friend to help. I think one of 'em joined the 405th...
Anyway, thanks, Longshot, for alienating your family and friends for so long to get to this point. Definitely keep us posted with TONS of pics and Tut's about your future work.

well said, after seeing this and retreiving my jaw i am sitting here pepping my hands off :D

agreed. This thread has totally been a huge boost to motivation to get a vast amount of pep work done, that's for sure. Even got my brother and a friend to help. I think one of 'em joined the 405th...
Anyway, thanks, Longshot, for alienating your family and friends for so long to get to this point. Definitely keep us posted with TONS of pics and Tut's about your future work.

Alienate... naw... My family is currently in Germany for another 3 weeks. I had the whole place to myself for about the last 6 months.
As for my friends... they still come around. I just put them to work! HEHEHE.

The 405th has and IS still a blast for me. Everyone, well almost everyone, has been honest, friendly, encouraging, inspiring, motivational, helpfull, the list goes on....

Especially you Sean! Very motivational and inspiring. I dont think I could have churned out this spartan with out your encouragement. I really appreciate it! ---And--- Look what came of it. Sweet @#$%! It feels like a master piece!

Im not sure if I do. I have a few friends that do molding fabrication... One said that he could make a cast and mold of this with out damaging it. I'll concider it after my head stops spinning from all this.

It definitely is a master piece. That's for sure. I think the idea of a cortana laptop dealio integrated into the suit is totally sick. would be great if you could put the program onto a USB thumbdrive, then you could use it in either your suit computer, or your house desktop! Lol...ah, the possibilities. you gonna integrate the helmet into the computer, by any chance?

omg super mega hyper haha like you said no words for this,is just AWESOME now im very motivated to finish mine too =] Congratz Dude you did an very ultra super good work.

It definitely is a master piece. That's for sure. I think the idea of a cortana laptop dealio integrated into the suit is totally sick. would be great if you could put the program onto a USB thumbdrive, then you could use it in either your suit computer, or your house desktop! Lol...ah, the possibilities. you gonna integrate the helmet into the computer, by any chance?

The helm is going to get 2 things from the computer. A mic for the PA system and a forward facing webcam. It will look out from behind the visor.

omg super mega hyper haha like you said no words for this,is just AWESOME now im very motivated to finish mine too =] Congratz Dude you did an very ultra super good work.

Thank you! It was made the exact same way your making yours. It's all from card stock!

paper. we are a forum of people that make halo armor out of cardstock paper. That's crazy. Hey, did anyone know that kevlar is basically the same concept as fiberglass? A little bit different, but the same concept. Is it legal to use kevlar for this kind of thing? that would be an interesting deal...

paper. we are a forum of people that make halo armor out of cardstock paper. That's crazy. Hey, did anyone know that kevlar is basically the same concept as fiberglass? A little bit different, but the same concept. Is it legal to use kevlar for this kind of thing? that would be an interesting deal...

hmmm, would that make our armour bulletproof at all? :p haha

technically, it would take (I think minimum) of 4 layers to make a (relatively) bullet-proof piece. I think it was 4 layers pressed into a flight helmet, anyway....... But, in theory, yes. !! We could get contracts for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to do this for the government, and there would totally be REAL halo dudes out there! :p

technically, it would take (I think minimum) of 4 layers to make a (relatively) bullet-proof piece. I think it was 4 layers pressed into a flight helmet, anyway....... But, in theory, yes. !! We could get contracts for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to do this for the government, and there would totally be REAL halo dudes out there! :p

I'd do that in a heart beat! After I manage to find and pic up my jaw from the floor. I know its around here somewhere.

LOL, hope you find it soon, might have issues with your voice recognition computer program without it.
I like your new profile pic and avatar. awesome job.

I just HAD too!

Do you know where the thread is for posting one's completed project? I saw it somewhere around but cannot remember which section it is in?

Im still looking!

Hey Longshot I just wanna say amazing job so far I love all the extra miles stuff you do with the speakers and such. One question though, I noticed earlier in a post there were 2 fans in a pic with your helmet (i think) I was just wondering were you using one to blow out air and one to suck in air? or both to suck in air?

Both suck in air from the hidden vents behind the helm's tubes.

I'd do that in a heart beat! After I manage to find and pic up my jaw from the floor. I know its around here somewhere.

hahaha would be so awesome seeing dude running round in halo armour bullets pinging off them xD

oh and i like the new sig LS :p "Let's see what a Noob HAS DONE! -- Yes I WAS a Noob!" haha

and that topic is in the molded Armour section i think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back