Look At Meh New Avatar I Made

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojoannie123

I made it in gimp, I took the pic of the halo 3 poster and resized it added a border and messed with the hue to get that dark with a blue glow kinda look tell me what you think

for sure.

my sig and avatar was made with GIMP, along with...

CELLPHONE.png

Ethan.png

selfportrait.png

[/hijack]

Crucible said:
No they don't. I sure as heck don't. Henceforth not 'everybody' does it.
No, because if you have fun on the Internet, the Hate Police will whack your knees and fingers with a shovel. And then you'll be confined to a wheelchair with no ability to type anything else as ridiculous again. A blessing.

Fail topic is made of fail and slight lol. Can I get a lock?

I need to get this "Gimp"

Last edited by a moderator:
A little bit, gimp doesn't take up the full screen, it has different windows, for the image, and then the toolbox and others.
It's easy to get started on.

you can download something called gimpshop, which is gimp with a faked/mimicked photoshop interface.

that being said, I hate the gimp, because of gtk+. all gkt+ UIs are clunky and not very uniform. I couldn't get away from photoshop, but I had to, so I use Paint.NET for most stuff.

not trying to knock gimp, and I'm not going to comment on gimp vs photoshop features and capabilities, I'm just trying to say that the interface isn't everyone's thing.

I have a question...

I currently have PS, and I know my way around it, but I am by no means a "masta". Would you recommend Gimp? Is the learning curve as big as PS?

Tater Mane said:
I have a question...

I currently have PS, and I know my way around it, but I am by no means a "masta". Would you recommend Gimp? Is the learning curve as big as PS?
Well, in my opinion, it all depends on what you are planning on doing. In my opinion, PS is about the same as GIMP. Personally, I prefer PS just because of the setup, and its what I was used to, however, because PS was on my old comp, I have GIMP on this one and I like it just as much, however, id prefer the tools and layers boxes to be the main page so i could have less bars at the bottom of my screen. And if you want an example of GIMP, both my avatar and my sig are made in Gimp. I have many photos from both GIMP and PS and their very similar, you wouldnt be able to tell the difference. Anyways, enough of my going on. - Ice

Tater Mane said:
I have a question...

The sooner you switch, the smaller the "de-learning" and "re-learning" curve ;) if you don't use ps to often, you should have no trouble using gimp.

I personally prefer Photoshop. But! Gimp?.. For free. Its pretty decent. I mean you cant really complain because its free ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back