Looks nice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyfu

Jr Member
This has probably been posted and answered, but there are way too many results when I search the words "How to wear" or "fit."

So...How do we wear some of these pieces? I know for the helmet you just make a bigger hole at the bottom of the helmet. But what about say the chest piece? More specifically, Robogenisis'? Should I fiberglass it and all, then cut it at the "backpack straps," then have some type of clip hold them together when I put it on? Or should i have a removable flap near the top of the hole?

Also...does anyone know where I can find the pdo file of the bicep and attached shoulder piece?

thanks

jimmyfu said:
Should I fiberglass it and all, then cut it at the "backpack straps," then have some type of clip hold them together when I put it on??

Although I didn't use Robo's pep, I used that technique with mine. I made the entire chest and then separated it into a front and a back half. I attached velcro and snaps to the 'backpack straps' and the side straps so It would be easy to put on :).

Last edited by a moderator:
For the torso, around the shoulders, cut the front and back chest pieces off, and use straps or velcro to attack then together. Put the back piece on like a backpack, then strap the front chest piece on.

I'm splitting my torso to front and back halves too, but instead I'm using basic hinges, (like the kind you see on doors, but smaller) on the "backpack straps" and for the side straps, I'm installing those clip that you see on bicke helmet, the ones that you squeeze the sides to side out, that way I know it's secure

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
I'm splitting my torso to front and back halves too, but instead I'm using basic hinges, (like the kind you see on doors, but smaller) on the "backpack straps" and for the side straps, I'm installing those clip that you see on bicke helmet, the ones that you squeeze the sides to side out, that way I know it's secure
Those hinges better stretch or be adjustable or else you wont fit your neck through.

Last edited by a moderator:
actually i was thinking of adding hinges too, but i had two issues with that.
1) it'd add unsightly bumps
2) I wasn't sure if my head would be able to fit through or not. I'm trying to picture it in my head, but it doesn't seem possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back