It's nice getting back into it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

airjordan117

Hey everyone, been a long time...i forgot my old username so i made a new one.

I'm familiar with pepakura and armor building, back in 2009 i made a mark vi suit using a combination of mroreo123's smooth files and the hd thighs and shins by crackhead.
For strengthing i used Frost's hot glue method which turned out very well.

Sadly i no longer have the photos of that suit i made and i gave it to a relative of mine.

It's been a few years now and i felt like getting back into this stuff.

I can't use toxic materials as i still live at home and my folks are against it,
but luckily I can use smooth cast to slush around on the inside.

I started of with the Mortal Kombat 9 Noob Saibot mask since he is my best character aside from sub-zero
Obviously my pep skills suffered due to the 4-5 year drought lol...

9s6Eo0f.jpg

My next pep was the two-part hayabusa by Abgates i really like this model, splitting the crown and base makes
it easier in the long run to work with:

2vEBoyd.jpg

ouGwlXO.jpg

Next up is the Halo 4 EOD, I like the reach version, but i prefer this one as it pays homage to the halo 3 version
This model was by satchmo(exellent modeler) and Aztlan's unfold made it very easy to work with:

WdulE6h.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WdyGXH9.jpg

Together:

biZVEYy.jpg

Attachments

• 9s6Eo0f.jpg
    9s6Eo0f.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 148
  • 2vEBoyd.jpg
    2vEBoyd.jpg
    574.3 KB · Views: 155
  • ouGwlXO.jpg
    ouGwlXO.jpg
    570.4 KB · Views: 170
  • WdulE6h.jpg
    WdulE6h.jpg
    639.4 KB · Views: 165
  • biZVEYy.jpg
    biZVEYy.jpg
    497 KB · Views: 162
Since i can't use resin what do you guys recommend to seal the outside before slushing around the smooth cast on the inside?

I was thinking of 2 coats of clear coat (any brand).

You could try Mod Podge applied just like resin. I am using a water based resin so I had to seal the cardstock due to warping/soaking. The clear coat worked to seal the cardstock. However, the Mod Podge both sealed the cardstock and made it a little more rigid. Page 3 of the Mark V build in my signature below is where I first tried Mod Podge.

Edit: If you are in the U.S., WalMart and most craft stores sell Mod Podge.

You could try Mod Podge applied just like resin. I am using a water based resin so I had to seal the cardstock due to warping/soaking. The clear coat worked to seal the cardstock. However, the Mod Podge both sealed the cardstock and made it a little more rigid. Page 3 of the Mark V build in my signature below is where I first tried Mod Podge.

Edit: If you are in the U.S., WalMart and most craft stores sell Mod Podge.

Wow modge podge is great no warpage at all.
I'm definitely going to use that to seal the outside thanks a bunch man :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back