Luigi's CQB build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comrade luigi

Hello y'all 405th-ers!

So I'm fairly new to the forum, as you can judge by my post count, but I have been stalking it for quite a while and I got really cranked up to try myself at armor-making. However, doubting my skills (and my will to do a FULL suit of armor), I decided to only try myself at a helmet. Being quite the Star Wars fan, Halo 3's CQB helmet is one of my faves, so I decided to give it a shot!

I had it pepped, resined, fiberglasses AND rondo'd on the inside (god did Fiberglass make a MESS inside, that stuff hated me from the first touch), and bondo'd on the outsite. I am not that happy with the outer finish, but for a first helmet, I allowed myself a pat on the back. Let's pretend it's some heavy battle damage :rolleyes

I am also more or less satisfied with the color scheme and the painting results, but hey, there's always a first time (and it's not always as pretty as we'd like)!

Annnnd now...Dem Pictures!

Helmet with the paintjob :

1011467.jpg

Helmet and shoulders (Yes, I got myself motivated for the whole suit ;-) )

1011472.jpg

Feedback is more than welcome, fellow 405th-ers!

Not bad, actually. Pretty brave taking on a helmet for your first build, but it turned out quite nicely.
Now do the rest ;)

Pretty brave taking on a helmet for your first build, but it turned out quite nicely.

Scratch the "brave" and go straight for "bloody insane" ahah! Definetely not my brightest idea, doing simpler things first would've been FAR wiser. (Would've spared me a second pepping after the disastrous first attempt ;-) )

Thanks for the comments!

That's really good for your first attempt! You get more experience the more you do it, I remember my first helmet, it looked horrendous but after a few tries it looked pretty darn good. Keep going I want to see your full CQB set :-J

It's nice to see another CQC build. I was starting to think I was the only one. I'm really looking forward to seeing your progress. Hopefully it'll help keep me motivated as well.

It's nice to see another CQC build. I was starting to think I was the only one. I'm really looking forward to seeing your progress. Hopefully it'll help keep me motivated as well.
This is a CQB helmet my friend, but it is still nice to see another one on the forum. Nice work for your first helmet luigi. You will only get better with time.:)

That's really good for your first attempt! You get more experience the more you do it, I remember my first helmet, it looked horrendous but after a few tries it looked pretty darn good. Keep going I want to see your full CQB set :-J

Thanks! I'll get on pepping the rest of the armor and do it piece by piece until my skill reach a level at which I'm comfy with doing the helmet anew, as I'm not really satisfied with its looks.

You're not alone, and if you haven't, check out Vshore100's build, it's BRILLIANT!

This is a CQB helmet my friend, but it is still nice to see another one on the forum. Nice work for your first helmet luigi. You will only get better with time.:)

Thanks a lot Vshore, I've been following your build thread and you're the one that got me into trying myself at the CQB helmet. It means a lot to get feedback from you ;-)

Thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back