Luka's ODST build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone!

Short post this week. With ECCC done and in the past, I managed to just get enough of my suit done for a troop. I managed to break a couple pieces, figured out that I need to reprint a lot of pieces, and have decided that I need to be able to hear while my bucket is on my head, so I'll be looking to add a mic to my set up. I didn't take any photos (cause I'm a bad trooper) but I do have one or two for your viewing pleasure taken by other 405th members at the con.
PXL_20220820_182144352.PORTRAIT.jpg

20220820_105417.jpg

I look so huge next to you lol! When you finish your suit, we will meet up for another photoshoot together!

I look so huge next to you lol! When you finish your suit, we will meet up for another photoshoot together!
For sure! Suit is on pause right now while I finish up buying a condo and moving, but next spring I should have a finished product.

At the small cost of Noble's father's van smelling like spraypaint for the day, it was completed! The grind was real and you managed to pull it off and look great!

At the small cost of Noble's father's van smelling like spraypaint for the day, it was completed! The grind was real and you managed to pull it off and look great!
Not so true anymore sadly. I managed to break a bracer and a thigh piece and neither one are really repairable due to the rush job I put them through. I was also missing a fair number of armor pieces, but smallish ones for the most part. Still, I'd like to get them done. Also on the books is a backpack, possibly holding power and water for me. Finally, I was an ODST without a weapon! Who ever heard of such slander? All told, I'm currently about 70% done with my build, not counting parts that need to be reprinted for sizing reasons.

sounds like there needs to be an ODST build party.
Not gonna lie, I really want to get all the WaBat ODST's onto the same paint scheme and undersuit design so that we look like we're all in the same squad. Pipe dream I know, but it would look awesome.

Not gonna lie, I really want to get all the WaBat ODST's onto the same paint scheme and undersuit design so that we look like we're all in the same squad. Pipe dream I know, but it would look awesome.
That would be really sick. We would also need to have the same build for everyone so they match so it sounds like we would have to start a build group.

Oof..... alright, I've been MIA for a bit, but I have good reasons I swear! First off, I bought a house, and that has absolutely murdered my free time. After that, I've had my printer break, so yeah....... I haven't let that completely stop me, and I have some small updates for you.

First up, PerniciousDuke talked me into making the trip up to Victoria for Capital City Comic Con, which was an absolute blast. Once again, I didn't take photos, because I'm still a terrible trooper, but I promise I'll try and get better at that. Maybe for the Halo World Championships. So watch this space, I'll have updates in the future.

That's it, that's all I've got! See y'all soon I hope!

Last edited:
Hey folks!

I have finally gotten my 3D printer, and I'm getting to work on what has been a dream of mine for at least a decade, an ODST build. So come with me as I take you on this marvelous journey of mistakes, headaches, awkward questions, and "by the gods, why did he do that?!?

First up, weapons. Yeah, the armor would probably make more sense to start with, but I wanted something that I could finish and yet learn from at the same time. So I'll be printing two to start with. Today, I'm going to show you the M6C/SOCOM.

View attachment 307725
Maybe a little ambitious.....

View attachment 307726
Mistake were made, but I won't let that stop me!!!!
View attachment 307727
Lots of good detailing here.
View attachment 307728
All put together!!!! View attachment 307729and with a layer of black primer (finding matte paints is kinda difficult for some reason.....)

That's all I've got for now, thanks for dropping in everyone.
That pistol looks beautiful

Thank you, sadly that pistol didn't survive very long. It was a fantastic learning project, unfortunately most of the lessons learned were what not to do.
That is sadly a real struggle when working with this kinda stuff. I had some growing pains with my jorge armor

Hey folks! It is with great sadness that I announce the retirement of my first suit. But Luka! you say, You haven't even had your suit for a year! Why retire it? Well, the truth of the matter is that my suit isn't going to survive all that much longer no matter what I do. You see, in order to get my suit out the door in time for Emerald, I took a rather large number of shortcuts. Things were printed fast, with very little infill, and the qualities of the prints suffered as a result. Add in the fact that I didn't properly size all of my armor, and you end up with stuff that cracks when you look at it funny. I've made repairs, and I've managed to get 4 troops out of it, most recently at the Halo World Championships. So as a fair well gift to this armor, I got Master Chief and Cortana to sign my bucket.
20221022_175551.jpg

Now, I'm not planning on closing out this thread. I have a bunch of projects in the works, but I don't have a suit at the moment and I need to fix that, so ODST version 2 is already on the printer. So keep an eye on this space and we'll all see what it is I come up with this time!

20221022_143619.jpg

Alright, you got me.... my ODST got murdered....

Hey folks! It is with great sadness that I announce the retirement of my first suit. But Luka! you say, You haven't even had your suit for a year! Why retire it? Well, the truth of the matter is that my suit isn't going to survive all that much longer no matter what I do. You see, in order to get my suit out the door in time for Emerald, I took a rather large number of shortcuts. Things were printed fast, with very little infill, and the qualities of the prints suffered as a result. Add in the fact that I didn't properly size all of my armor, and you end up with stuff that cracks when you look at it funny. I've made repairs, and I've managed to get 4 troops out of it, most recently at the Halo World Championships. So as a fair well gift to this armor, I got Master Chief and Cortana to sign my bucket.View attachment 324729

Now, I'm not planning on closing out this thread. I have a bunch of projects in the works, but I don't have a suit at the moment and I need to fix that, so ODST version 2 is already on the printer. So keep an eye on this space and we'll all see what it is I come up with this time!

View attachment 324730

Alright, you got me.... my ODST got murdered....
It's not that you got murdered; we are just getting you a new one.... A bigger one.... A better one.... THAT one! * points at another ODST*
*ODST runs in panic*

It's not that you got murdered; we are just getting you a new one.... A bigger one.... A better one.... THAT one! * points at another ODST*
*ODST runs in panic*
Why would you point at yourself? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back