Luka's new ODST Build

I didn't see any layer shifting when it came off the bed.
I've had two things of layer shifts, one I've fixed and one I haven't. The helmet has a rather bad one maybe an inch from the bottom. I'm in the process of "fixing" that one. The other one was in one of the thigh pieces. That one I fixed by literally ripping the print in half and gluing it back together. The thigh is a MUCH simpler print, so I was willing to take the risk on it.
20230518_100148.jpg

20230518_100212.jpg

Meant to post this two days ago.... my bad!!!!

20230521_231850.jpg

tada! That's all the waist bits and bobs printed and awaiting sanding. Washington decided that we needed one more week of winter, so I'm waiting for sunshine, but PROGRESS!!!! I'm starting to think I can actually finish everything by SummerCon without having to beg for parts! And no hot gluing armor onto myself this time! Such a bad idea, don't do that!

All the Stomach bits are on the printer right now, so I'll check back in in a couple days when they finish up.

Laters!
-Luka

Yesss, never ever glue stuff to your undersuit! I've stuffed the undersuit for my odst armor by trying to be cheap and use hot glue . Now, once I've taken the pieces off the hot glue has left terrible marks. Still using the shirt but definitely don't hot glue things to your clothes.

Meant to post this two days ago.... my bad!!!!

View attachment 331641
tada! That's all the waist bits and bobs printed and awaiting sanding. Washington decided that we needed one more week of winter, so I'm waiting for sunshine, but PROGRESS!!!! I'm starting to think I can actually finish everything by SummerCon without having to beg for parts! And no hot gluing armor onto myself this time! Such a bad idea, don't do that!

All the Stomach bits are on the printer right now, so I'll check back in in a couple days when they finish up.

Laters!
-Luka
Join the club. It's been raining for the past 2 days and I need to get some more filler primer so I can start painting. However, I will have to start painting on Memorial Day after the convention. Hopefully, the weather will clear for the both of us.

Yesss, never ever glue stuff to your undersuit! I've stuffed the undersuit for my odst armor by trying to be cheap and use hot glue . Now, once I've taken the pieces off the hot glue has left terrible marks. Still using the shirt but definitely don't hot glue things to your clothes.
Oh, you misunderstand, it was hot glued onto me, like me me. Hole in the undersuit ensured that I was personally responsible for that bond!

Update time!!!!!

Yesterday was a huge day for my suit, because I got to paint!
20230611_174405.jpg

All prepped up and ready to go!
20230611_181127.jpg

Letting first coats dry in the sun.
20230611_174410.jpg

A special thanks to SubXzeroXhero for letting me come over to paint. He also insured that my visor is better than his (his words, he's a little sad about it). Speaking of....
20230611_174419.jpg

LOOK AT IT!!! IT'S SO PRETTY!!!!
20230611_184659.jpg

That Subs bucket on the right (and him proper in the background). But I'm on my own for accent painting, and I officially want an airbrush so bad now.....

That's it for this update folks, I've only got a couple weeks before con, so wish me luck!

-Luka

Echoing the sentiment of everyone else when I say that the visor is something to die for.

Also, I gotta applaud you for handling those layer shifts. Snapping the print in half to fix them has to be the best layer shift treatment I've ever heard of.

Extreme screwups require extreme solutions! And I'll be honest, snapping the piece in half caused me a LOT fewer headaches then sitting there with a Dremel trying to smooth it over. Of course, not having layer shifts is the best solution.

So.... I realized I never gave y'all the goods..... I'm a terrible friend. Can you ever forgive me?

photo_2023-10-07_21-56-08.jpg

Test suit up before HCS next weekend. No, the suit still isn't officially done, but we've already established that I'm a terrible person, so hey! What's new!?! My terrible jokes aside, how do we go?

Feet First!

So.... I realized I never gave y'all the goods..... I'm a terrible friend. Can you ever forgive me?

View attachment 336797

Test suit up before HCS next weekend. No, the suit still isn't officially done, but we've already established that I'm a terrible person, so hey! What's new!?! My terrible jokes aside, how do we go?

Feet First!
Looks great and finished just in time too, I can't wait to see all of the con photos next week!

This thread is more than 5 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back