LukeTrocitys Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
LukeTrocity said:
Also white shows ALL the defects
I will agree with you on this one... I'm using White particularry for the reason that i can see where i need to sand... i i where to use black it would be difficult as hell to get it 100% smooth.
but you need to sand more and add more bondo to the needed areas...

Here is my Current picture for reference (needs adding of a microfine filler and more sanding).
IMG_2006.jpg

(Note, that is only a light coat) Also the lighting is bad so it doesnt look white... (i took the picture at night)

-Fin(n)ish

PS: Keep Sanding! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Luke your helm is looking badass. How come i didnt see this in the first place? But i think it needs a tat more bondo and sanding. Keep up the good work man!

smilie120 said:
Luke your helm is looking badass. How come i didnt see this in the first place? But i think it needs a tat more bondo and sanding. Keep up the good work man!
The bondo is especially needed at the top of the helmet, to smooth it out.
But always remeber! Dont add too much bondo or you cant sand it.. :-/

-Fin(n)ish

EDIT: Where did you get the vents, the look alot better then mine! (and i thought that mine where cool..)

vents are a product called "cable manager". It basically organises cables. Lowes sells them pretty cheap.

Also, there is NO bondo on this helmet at all. I can't work with bondo from prior expierences, and I tend to make things worse with it (air bubbles, sanding etc). Maybe I'll try bondo again later, but for now this is fine.

Also I can't remember the name of that blue, but Krylon does make it.

LukeTrocity said:
vents are a product called "cable manager". It basically organises cables. Lowes sells them pretty cheap.

Also, there is NO bondo on this helmet at all. I can't work with bondo from prior expierences, and I tend to make things worse with it (air bubbles, sanding etc). Maybe I'll try bondo again later, but for now this is fine.

Also I can't remember the name of that blue, but Krylon does make it.
I also used a cable manager cable too (bought it from finland 6 years ago...)... your's looks so much cooler tough!

-Fin(n)ish

EDIT: Use Bondo, but only VERY THIN LAYERS and sand after applying each layer... the bondo is not difficult to use the only problem is that people use too much of it... you wont ruin the helmet.. you add VERY thin layers and its okay (remeber to sand each time befor adding a new layer)

what did you search on ebay for those visors? and how did you make the cut out parts symmetrical? and is the line with the dots in between the mountain or valley fold? please pm me with the info

Nice helmet. I noticed the 0 emblem cutout on the left. You planning on putting that on there?

0427082325mu1.jpg

Here's what I ended up turning out for the handplates. I tryed bondo again, but not alot. They came out acceptable.

0514082147tl3.jpg

0514082147ahb7.jpg

Heres what I have so far of the right HD bicep I started tonight. I actually did some bondo work and am pleased with the results thus far. Maybe I'm starting to get the hang of it? In the last pic you can see some rough areas that I need to retouch.

And you can also see my workbench that I havent cleaned my last 3 visits to the garage :)

LukeTrocity said:
0323080125xf7.jpg

This took me forever. Tell me what you guys think. I left out the nose piece because I read somewhere that its easier to resin separately. If I could do it all again, theres some things that I would have done differently. I'm considering not using Bondo at all, because I've seen others that have just resin--->sand--->paint and it came out great. If I do bondo though, maybe you guys could tell me where to start. Criticism from anyone who has made armor is always welcome.
it looks really good , i don't have the pepfile your using for your helmet, could you please send it to pivotsb@hotmail.com, you would really help me with that, i WILL do something back for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back