Props M4 Modification

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGT Razor

Sr Member
Not very recently, but not long ago, I bought a Crosman R34 Stinger, a spring-powered replica of an unmodified M4. Looks like this:

p2135792dt.jpg

I'm modifying it to look like this:

m4.jpg

This is what I've done so far:

I found a mounting rail from an old airsoft gun that broke long ago, so I sawed off the carry handle and glued it on there.

P1010013.jpg

Then I mounted the scope.

P1010014.jpg

Then I removed the orange tip to make room for the suppressor.

P1010016.jpg

This is all I've done so far. Later, I'll get a silencer from Wrigley (I hope) and stick it on there. Then I'll paint it black with some battle damage. Tell me what ya'll think.

YES! You called it a supressor. Thats the proper term for it.

Magazine == Clip
Silencer == Supressor

Looking good btw.

Very nice. I was gonna buy a r34 myself, but I didn't find out if they were automatic or if you had to cock it each time you wanted to fire. But what I can tell from your pic it isn't automatic.

But nice project, looking good so far. Just watch out for the police since you don't have that orange tip anymore.

Spartan 169 said:
Very nice. I was gonna buy a r34 myself, but I didn't find out if they were automatic or if you had to cock it each time you wanted to fire. But what I can tell from your pic it isn't automatic.

But nice project, looking good so far. Just watch out for the police since you don't have that orange tip anymore.

Yeah, it's a spring-loaded gun. It's actually pretty good for its price, and especially good for what I use it for. Plus, I'm not a big fan of changing out batteries (thus my mistrust for wireless controllers).

Where I live, Nobody cares if you have a gun. Especially the police. They're nothing like the cops in the States. In the six-and-a-half years I've lived here, I don't think I've even seen a cop eat a donut! And, the orange tip is removable.

So, I've tried the suppressor on, and it looks like if I want to keep it, I'm gonna have to glue it on. But that's OK because I have extra muzzles/front sights from my old R34 that broke about a year ago. That way, if I want to take off the suppressor, I'll just have to switch it out. I'll see if I can get it painted today.

Stay tuned. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Update time!

P1010008.jpg

As you can see, I've retro-fitted my R34 with the suppressor. Yes, I named it "ORDER." Deal with it. I just now realized that I put the other clip-- I mean magazine-- in there instead of the black one. Oh well, tomorrow I'm getting some paint and it'll be looking... I need help finding a word...

Friendly said:
Oh well, tomorrow I'm getting some paint and it'll be looking... I need help finding a word...

Sexy!

Looking good though, the suppressor makes it look more...authentic, since the R34 is supposed to be based off of the Ops version of the M4.

The cops around here where I live don't care overly too much about having guns, as long as they're not real. Even though we had a few problems with some kids going around with airsoft guns shooting people in the faces. But they were quickly dealt with.

Can't wait to see the next update.

airsoft? cmon man.....get the real thing! :p
hey, its probably cheaper than a good airsoft gun, plus nobody will ever mess with you again!

theres something about the M4 that i always liked, but i think the XM8 or G36 are my favorites. I think its the barrel grip and rails that seem rugged. i like that in a firearm.

drgon47 said:
YES! You called it a supressor. Thats the proper term for it.

Magazine == Clip
Silencer == Supressor

Looking good btw.

I haven't even read all this but that is a lie.

A magazine is what you see in the upper photo

(Taken from the internet!)
A clip is a device that is used to store multiple rounds of ammunition together as a unit, ready for insertion into the magazine of a repeating firearm. This speeds up the process of loading the firearm as several rounds can be loaded at once, rather than one round being loaded at a time. ...

http://www.copesdist.com/images/fnfalstrip...ideandclips.jpg

That is a clip.

/end rant

new rant: I hope that was a joke where rvb said that a good airsoft gun is less than a real gun.

A GOOD (STOCK) m4 is around 1500. a GOOD (STOCK) airsoft m4 is around 300.

But about the topic, the gun looks great! nice job.

Normally I would complain about this and tell you to buy a "real" airsoft gun....but this is pretty awesome! When I was new to the airsoft scene I always tried to mess around with my springers...though it was usually with duct tape and other such things, so I commend you on actually modifying them! Looks great so far.

Not entirely sure where this is going, but...

http://olegvolk.net/gallery/d/15649-1/clip-magazine0491.jpg

On the left: Clip
On the right: Magazine

Oh and RvB, the XM8 is the UGLIEST thing ever. period. G36K isn't bad, though. heh.

Normally I would complain about this and tell you to buy a "real" airsoft gun....but this is pretty awesome! When I was new to the airsoft scene I always tried to mess around with my springers...though it was usually with duct tape and other such things, so I commend you on actually modifying them! Looks great so far.

Not entirely sure where this is going, but...

http://olegvolk.net/gallery/d/15649-1/clip-magazine0491.jpg

On the left: Clip
On the right: Magazine

Oh and RvB, the XM8 is the UGLIEST thing ever. period. G36K isn't bad, though. heh.

Hmm... I would get a "real" airsoft gun, but I only use about the equivalent to what my friends use. Plus, I'm too poor to buy a "real" one.

Thank you Kraken and Spartan117x for clarifying the difference between a clip and a magazine.

Update.

As I promised, I got spraypaint yesterday. I couldn't post pics, though, because I was too busy owning my friends with it. :p

P1010008-1.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P1010011.jpg

it is NOT the ugliest thing EVER. they just happened to cancel it for.......unknown reasons :rolleyes

and your airsoft gun is starting to look like the real thing, so watch out for cops!

yes, the G36 is sweet.

Dude, looks great! I wasn't trying to downplay you or anything in my comment, if you took any of it that way. I just meant higher-end airsoft guns look like that without all the work, but I really do admire the time and effort you're putting into this. It's much more than I would had done when I was into springers, etc. Job well done!

NICE! That looks amazing for a cheap air soft gun. I really would look out for police though. My friend made a nice gun a while back out of cardboard but he made it looks so real the cops stopped him and searched him :rolleyes

Well done. As an added bonus, you should streak-spray some gray or silver spraypaint on there to semi-camo it. That'd look sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back