Props M6C/socom Conversion Kit (Lots Of Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great mod! I am really interested, as I am an avid airsofter. Just wondering, why would you test that stuff of a TM Hi Capa? You should buy a broken Hi Capa just to get a correct fit.

Bobo The PandaX said:
Great mod! I am really interested, as I am an avid airsofter. Just wondering, why would you test that stuff of a TM Hi Capa? You should buy a broken Hi Capa just to get a correct fit.

I'm testing it on my TM Hicapa because I already have it. I rather not spend more money a broken gun that won't even work once it's done, kind of ruins the whole point of making it a working kit. At least with my TM hicapa I can assemble and test it to see what will and won't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
You mentioned earlier that your college has a 3D scanner, which college do you go to? My college has a 3D Scanner as well. I go to RIT.

I really liked how this turned out! It looks great. RIT has a 3D scanner and I was thinking of doing this with a KWC Desert Eagle into the old M6D. I would definitely make it out of metal for that clanking rack of the slide.

One thing you could have done, if you knew about the 3D scanner, is you could scan your slide for how the internals fit and just build a new slide. It still is a great kit regardless, though.

As an avid airsofter your mod really intrigues and impresses me. Keep up the good work man. Once you get it totally finished you should see about posting a video of it up in action.

None the less, great work.

Helghast4life said:
You mentioned earlier that your college has a 3D scanner, which college do you go to? My college has a 3D Scanner as well. I go to RIT.

I really liked how this turned out! It looks great. RIT has a 3D scanner and I was thinking of doing this with a KWC Desert Eagle into the old M6D. I would definitely make it out of metal for that clanking rack of the slide.

One thing you could have done, if you knew about the 3D scanner, is you could scan your slide for how the internals fit and just build a new slide. It still is a great kit regardless, though.

I just started college at De Anza (Community college, not my first option either, long story) and I'm in a CNC class. I'm hoping that later on within the next year or so I can learn how to use the 3D scanner and the CNC mills. After that I could really start cranking out parts. Trust me, if I knew how to use it, I would have.

It shouldn't take much effort to get most of those parts ready for pulling moulds.

You'll need to coat it with a fine layer of clay or bondo to smooth the surface out.

Or a couple coats of sandable primer might work as well.

That's the only problem using a prototyper like that: the ridges you get from

the layering process.

It's still faster than doing it all by hand though. :)

Great job thus far, looking forward to seeing how it turns out in the end!

Ender007 said:
I just started college at De Anza (Community college, not my first option either, long story) and I'm in a CNC class. I'm hoping that later on within the next year or so I can learn how to use the 3D scanner and the CNC mills. After that I could really start cranking out parts. Trust me, if I knew how to use it, I would have.

Fantastic. Sounds like you are anxious to get it done. Keep it up and I might have to get a kit from you.

Sorry for the lack of updates over the last few days, it's been busy at school and I really don't feel like working after getting back around 10pm.

I managed to pull off some work during some free time I had between classes. I've redesigned the upper part of the gun, specifically the slide. You'll no longer be able to see the airsoft gun slide in the open like the current model. I did this to make it more accurate looking, especially for if and when it's molded for a prop.

Expect some more changes and fixes tomorrow, I'll have some time to work on it and post some newer renders up. If I really work at it I can get the Version 2 printed on Friday. I'll try to get 2 of them on that tray to be printed at the same time.

AngelVirusX said:
Can't wait to see this baby in action. Keep it up!

Any ideas on your next weapon?

The M7 has been brought up, so I may work on it. I might see if I can design it around my new KWA gas blow back MP7. The light on the M7 can easily be brought over from the one on the M6C.

Really it all depends on how much time I have. With school going I don't have a lot of time to model.

Here's the work on the new slide. It's all one piece right now, I have yet to cut it and join it with the other parts yet. It looks a bit rounder than it should, but due to the way I built other parts I had to make it this way.

I've pretty much finished all the necessary changes, such as tolerance issues with the front fitting on the pistol's rail easily.

List of Changes:

-Rail tolerance.

-Rounded Upper slide, new connector part made to hold the slide to the pistol slide.

*Slide connectors made with 3 different sized cuts below them to make room for the pistols blow back chamber.

-Extruded front plate in front of muzzle, added dimples to the corners.

-Top Front has details added.

-Bottom Details added (3 blocks)

-Rear sight groove has been set at an angle, no longer parallel.

-Front sight enlarged for better viewing.

-Trigger guard extended to be flush with the pistol grip.

-Light module no longer slides onto the rail, assembled around the rail.

*Removable pins have been attached to the right half of the module. Now I don't have to worry about the pins falling out.

Slide Intersection

Slide Connectors

2 Piece Light Module

Enlarged sight, top details, front plate.

3 blocks added under the gun, this was a detail I couldn't make before because they would get in the way of the light module sliding on.

Your doing something amazing here man, if you can get this into a prop version I think alot of the members here would be making them quick.

each update amazes me even more! if you could make this into a full pistol you would sell them really fast!

Crap. I only have a tm hi-capa 5.1 ..... :( Very nice work! Is the material strong? Because with Gas blow back guns, even metal alluminum slides will eventually break because of the blow back.

JangoFett140 said:
very nice. i love airsoft and hope we get more of these kinda kits going

Material is fairly strong, but even I'm skeptical of it too. Only way to find out is to test it, which I'll need to wait to print the Version II to do. The Version I won't mount to the slide, I've pretty much tried everything there.

If I can learn enough CNC later on in the year, I may try to make a metal slide. Don't expect that to happen anytime soon though.

I've been designing a new flashlight module as well. The scale version only allows for a small flashlight. I'm planning on adding a larger 90 lumen LED flashlight into the new one. That way I can light the field up when I use it, and blind players before I take the shot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back