JTF4

RCO
405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
Stream Team
Member DIN
S054
M99A2S3 Stanchion Build Thread

After playing with Emp Frosty's stanchion at Planet, I've decided that I need my own. I'll be using TurboCharizard's files, but I plan to mod the optics and build a raspberry pi camera interface into it. I don't know if it will work out with the current price of raspberry stuff, but I'm going to try.

Core Part Build Status
Core PartStatusCompleted ImagePost Link
BarrelPrintedLink
Lower ShroudPrintedLink
Upper ShroudPrintedLink
Main ReceiverPrintedLink
Upper ReceiverPrintedLink
OpticsPrintedLink

Last edited:
Just started the first print on the barrel assembly. The fact that it’s taking almost the full Z axis of my CR10s pro is insane.

Here's a screenshot of my Excel file I'm using to track all of my prints. There's over 40 individual 3d printed parts going into this build.

EXCEL_UvrKFjaaJ5.png

M99A2S3 Stanchion Build Thread

After playing with Emp Frosty's stanchion at Planet, I've decided that I need my own. I'll be using TurboCharizard's files, but I plan to mod the optics and build a raspberry pi camera interface into it. I don't know if it will work out with the current price of raspberry stuff, but I'm going to try.

Core Part Build Status
Core PartStatusCompleted ImagePost Link
BarrelPrinting
Lower ShroudNot Started
Upper ShroudNot Started
Main ReceiverNot Started
Upper ReceiverNot Started
OpticsNot Started
You might want to jump out of the Pi ballpark and take a look at ESP32s and ESP32-CAM modules. It's a little more code monkey intensive but it'll be a fraction of the price for the camera, screen and controller.

You might want to jump out of the Pi ballpark and take a look at ESP32s and ESP32-CAM modules. It's a little more code monkey intensive but it'll be a fraction of the price for the camera, screen and controller.
Good idea! I completely forgot that ESP32-cam modules exist. I even have one in my box of microprocessors. I’ll give that a go and see how it works.

Build update!

All of the parts have been printed and the major sections have been glued together.

Next step is to figure out the scope and get that all put together.

I've got some pictures that I'll post tomorrow.

This thread is more than 10 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back