Macattack64 Mark VI Spartan Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac,
Any updated pics of the Recon Helmet? Your painting skills were solid when you first started but they have obviously improved even further. The weathering and damage effects are great.

It depends on how you want to mount them. You could purchase a couple of pen-sized store LEDs and epoxy them into the helmet behind a drilled hole. You will have to activate them all individually, but it could still work.

If you wire it yourself, then you can drill a hole into where you want to insert it and use hot glue behind it. Heck, you can even wire it into the fan system and let them share a power source.

Mac,
Any updated pics of the Recon Helmet? Your painting skills were solid when you first started but they have obviously improved even further. The weathering and damage effects are great.

@Starvinartist80 - The recon will be getting some red tonight. The visor also came in today! I'm not using a motorcycle visor, I'm using something that is a little more flexible to get the contour of the helmet correctly. ;)

It depends on how you want to mount them. You could purchase a couple of pen-sized store LEDs and epoxy them into the helmet behind a drilled hole. You will have to activate them all individually, but it could still work.

If you wire it yourself, then you can drill a hole into where you want to insert it and use hot glue behind it. Heck, you can even wire it into the fan system and let them share a power source.

@Jason-549 - Yes, he is right, you really can mount them any way.

well i made my odst helmet will that still work and what is epoxy? here's my gallery http://freshbreath3.deviantart.com/gallery/

@Slawrence - You can use almost any epoxy.

That was a long awaited update Mac! Like the color combo. Smooth sanding. The sizing looks good as well.

@JediStumpy - Yes yes, I know. I'll get better pictures when I strap the chest and cut the grooves for the biceps. Thank you so much and also congratulations on the baby. :D

Right now I am in the process of fiberglassing the cod and I'm going to be doing the much necessary body filler work on the back torso!
I really appreciate the comments. :D

~ Mac

Doing a great job Mac!
Loving the paint job on the chest and the personalisation of the shoulder (with emblem and what-not).

+1 subscribed!

Doing a great job Mac!
Loving the paint job on the chest and the personalisation of the shoulder (with emblem and what-not).

+1 subscribed!

@SquishyShoes - Thanks! I really appreciate that. :D

Just a little update.

This is a list of a few things I'm in the process of doing:

- Bondoing the back chest piece
- Cleaning up the cod for bondo
- Fiberglassing the thighs
- Resining the inside of the shins (I already resined the outside)

I'll put up pictures today after work.

That chest looks good and clean Mac and the scaling on your thighs and what not look great! I think I may have missed it (that and I just don't no when the Chicago con is on), but is there a dead line for this?

@SquishyShoes - The original plan was to get it done for Chicago Comic Con years ago. I've basically taken my time and haven't rushed. It's coming up this weekend and I'm not going to rush it. It'll always be there in the future.

hey Mate could you link me the the site where you got the pep file for the helmet , bcoz the one from TheCostumingWikia is not working in pep for me! :(

I got a question what did you use for the tube breathing thing on the helmet?

hey Mate could you link me the the site where you got the pep file for the helmet , bcoz the one from TheCostumingWikia is not working in pep for me! :(

@Roughosing - You can find all the files here: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/26285-All-in-One-Halo-Pepakura-Pack

I got a question what did you use for the tube breathing thing on the helmet?

@J326 - I went to ace hardware and went to the tubing section and found tubing that is similar to what is used on some pool pumps and similar. It was on a large spool and I had about a foot of it cut.

Hey dude i used your scale and the neck hole wont fit around my head , my head isnt average sized nor is it too big but , i am 5'9" and i added a bit to the size for overall growth , should it fit around my neck or will i have to put some hinge system in ??? bcoz my head doesnt fit through the hole

It's the time of the year when I have to go back to school at lovely Purdue University.
I'll be leaving the suit behind while I'm away so this is probably a last update for now.

I finished fiberglassing the shins and thighs in time before I go.

This is the torso as it stands, it just need to be primed and painted.

th_Photo0632.jpgth_Photo0633.jpg

th_Photo0627.jpg

And now it resides here until I can get back to working on it:
th_Photo0631.jpg

Sad Day.

Until next time guys!

Hi! Nice suit, it's also one of my favourites! Keep up the good work!
I also appreciate that you put up that scaling-measurement-list of your armor! it's really a great help for people nearly the same size.
Just one question I'm not really sure about. Did you use the FlyingSquirrel HD chest file with this measurements? (Height 42,1)
Because you have no values for HD sizing with the torso, but i can see it's not a LD pep file.

arggg I want to see this suit finished! Its one of my favorites!
Thank you! :D

Hi! Nice suit, it's also one of my favourites! Keep up the good work!
I also appreciate that you put up that scaling-measurement-list of your armor! it's really a great help for people nearly the same size.
Just one question I'm not really sure about. Did you use the FlyingSquirrel HD chest file with this measurements? (Height 42,1)
Because you have no values for HD sizing with the torso, but i can see it's not a LD pep file.

I used the 42.1 measurement on the HD torso. Some of the measurement were slightly modified a little since then but very minimally.

I'm home from school and will be working on the suit while I'm here.

I just had to say a few things...

Fantastic bondo and sanding skills.
I love how smooth your forarms came out.
Really professional work your doing there.

Hmmmm... LED's would look EPIC with your build. :)

I finally found a day that wasn't too cold and got to prime the chest piece. I also got buckles added so it stays together. :D

th_Photo0700.jpg

th_Photo0701.jpg

I know this isn't much of an update. I'm currently in the process of painting the rest of it but the weather and paint aren't cooperating very well. I'm waiting for the black paint to dry right now.

~ Mac

I just had to say a few things...

Fantastic bondo and sanding skills.
I love how smooth your forarms came out.
Really professional work your doing there.

Hmmmm... LED's would look EPIC with your build. :)

Thanks :D Everything is actually hand sanded. I don't own an electric sander.. Not yet at least. I'll also be getting LEDs as soo as I get this chest piece painted up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back