Macattack64 Mark VI Spartan Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw, man! Your stuff is awesome!
And I never knew you could get rare earth magnets at Harbor Freight! I'll have to check it out next time I go in that store!
Now I don't have to scour all over the internet! :D
Thanks! :D

-Alexis

Thanks Saber! Yea I saw they had them online but I didn't realize how small they were until I got there. They are still really strong though!

Small Update!
Thighs got worked on last night at today. This is what they look like.

th_Photo0873.jpgth_Photo0872.jpg

~Mac

jeeees your sanding and bondo work is amazing! Even after I've heard it explained many times I cannot even comprehend how people like you get it so smooth! Anyway, those look amazing

Looks amazing man! Amazing finish on the pieces. I usually get it 80% super smooth and then my hand feels like its about to fall off. So color me impressed!

Thigh armor looks great.

Thanks Thorn!

jeeees your sanding and bondo work is amazing! Even after I've heard it explained many times I cannot even comprehend how people like you get it so smooth! Anyway, those look amazing

I don't know how I do it either sometimes! Haha. It also seems like I've been getting this stuff done really quickly!

Thighs looking good bud :)

Thank you :D

Looks amazing man! Amazing finish on the pieces. I usually get it 80% super smooth and then my hand feels like its about to fall off. So color me impressed!

I do about the same thing except I cover the whole piece in spot putty and then hand sand all of that with a high grit getting it very smooth!

Here is a small update with the look of my thighs!
th_Photo0895.jpgth_Photo0896.jpgth_Photo0897.jpg
And here's the cod!
th_Photo0892.jpgth_Photo0894.jpg
~ Mac

PS: I'll have more of an update within the next few days. This update was kinda delayed and I'm a bit further than shown here.

Looking slick! I love the work you've done on the thighs and cod! Seriously smooth work. Makes me wish my MkVI build wasn't 80 miles away.

AwesomeSaucecopy.jpg

Build looks great!
Nice quality work!!
You get... AWESOME SAUCE!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is starting to come along really nicely, exceptional work dude.
Keep up the good work :)
Tom.

Looking slick! I love the work you've done on the thighs and cod! Seriously smooth work. Makes me wish my MkVI build wasn't 80 miles away.

Thanks Carpathiavh! Now I've gotta start figuring out how I'm gonna made the abs undersuit like yours!

I agree with carpathia, looking stellar man :)

Thanks Mstruvmgc :D

AwesomeSaucecopy.jpg

Build looks great!
Nice quality work!!
You get... AWESOME SAUCE!!

This means a lot coming from you. Your build is amazing!

This is starting to come along really nicely, exceptional work dude.
Keep up the good work :)
Tom.

Thanks Tom! Most of my stuff is ready for paint!

wow this is awesome, everything looks amazing so far man =D keep up the good work

Thanks a bunch Road Kill! :D I'll try to keep it up :p

I wasn't quite sure how I was going to strap my boots that would make it easy to unbuckle. I finally went and cut the sides to put in a functional buckle. Magnets would have been another option and maybe it would have been easier but it's too far from doing that now..

th_Photo0925.jpgth_Photo0926.jpg
th_Photo0927.jpgth_Photo0928.jpg

~Mac

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks awesome. You're really moving on this now, I for one can't wait to how it comes out in paint. :cool

Looking great, Mac! I have a quick question. What kind of buckles are you using for your boots, and (assuming they can be found on the internet) could you provide a link to them? What you're doing is exactly what I wanted to do with my boots, but I haven't been able to find any suitable buckles. Although, now that I look a little closer, it looks like you've got something made from foam where the buckles should be. Are those covering some kind of conceled buckles? Maybe I'm wrong. Thanks and keep up the great work!

Getting there!!

I got some stuff taken care of before I got more work done on the boots..
I'll let the photos speak for themselves.

th_Photo0947.jpg
th_Photo0949.jpg
th_Photo0951.jpg
th_Photo0955.jpg
th_Photo0958.jpg

Let me know what you think!
~Mac

EDIT: Sidenote: My sister's dog wasn't creeped out by the suit at all!
th_556782_10101857453330499_1577206336_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back