Macattack64 Mark VI Spartan Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today it was 55 degrees so I took a few hours to work on stuff before I go back to school tomorrow.

th_Photo0712.jpgth_Photo0714.jpgth_Photo0713.jpg
th_Photo0716.jpgth_Photo0715.jpg

~ Mac

Don't you just love unseasonal weather! It got up to 62 here today, and I nearly finished my Mk VI shins.

Your armor is looking great. It's hard to believe and amazing that you sand it all by hand. I don't think I would be working on my armor without my mouse sander. Can't wait to see more!

just read the thread and everything is looking pretty solid so far! glad to see someone else took advantage of the nice weather too.

I'm loving the matte look of your build, and the black wash and just overall attention to detail makes this look awesome. I wana see it finished lol.

just read the thread and everything is looking pretty solid so far! glad to see someone else took advantage of the nice weather too.

I'm loving the matte look of your build, and the black wash and just overall attention to detail makes this look awesome. I wana see it finished lol.

Thanks guys. Updates will be coming frequently throughout the summer!

I'm back from school so I got back to work on some pieces. I must say.. I've never been more happy to have a mouse sander. I honestly feel like I got so much done today although it may not seem like much, it feels like a lot to me.

th_Photo0843.jpgth_Photo0844.jpg
th_Photo0845.jpgth_Photo0846.jpgth_Photo0848.jpg
That's just spot putting on the cod pieces

~MacAttack

yay macattack is back to work! Real excited to see progress on this once again Mac.

It's so good to here that, you have no idea! :)

wow looks really good
keep it up =D

Thanks Road Kill :D

Lookin good!

Thank you Mstruvmgc!

I finished up sanding the front cod and side pieces. I still need to work on the butt piece. I also got some more work done on the shins but no pictures of that.

th_Photo0854.jpg

I pulled out my chest piece today and decided to take care of the side "strapping" except I decided not to use straps. To keep my chest together at the sides when wearing it, I decided to use Rare Earth Magnets that I picked up at Harbor Freight. I purchased 2 packs of 10:
image_15851.jpg

th_Photo0849.jpgth_Photo0852.jpg

~ Mac

Good to see you back and working again Mac, can't wait for the we get to see it all finished and together.

Great idea with the magnets, especially the rare earth ones. those puppies are strong lol. Cod lookin good too.

Good to see you back and working again Mac, can't wait for the we get to see it all finished and together.

Thanks! It'll be good to get it done. It's nice to be working on it too. This is my year to finally finish. :D

Great idea with the magnets, especially the rare earth ones. those puppies are strong lol. Cod lookin good too.

I really love the magnets. I may use them on other parts of the suit! Thank you!

I been working on the shins lately since I basically finished the cod piece. The only things I need to work on are the thighs and the boots

th_Photo0863.jpgth_Photo0864.jpgth_Photo0865.jpgth_Photo0866.jpgth_Photo0867.jpg

~Mac

These are looking great mac! Keep it up and soon I'll have a red spartan to go up against :p

You know it! :D

Looks great. Nice clean looking lines.

Thanks Thorn! I've actually been looking at your build lately on how you did your boots.

wow you're basically done with everything and moving onto the painting! Nice. Can't wait to see more.

I still need to do the thighs and fiberglass the boots! After the paycheck from working this week I'll have a lot of money to start buying some of the things I still need for my undersuit. I'm actually not quite sure where to start on the thighs so anyone with some tips would help!

Great lookin shins man

Thanks! I was really proud of them too but I was thinking I should have maybe added more detail. I looked at Longshot's and Paradoxdj's suits and decided that I would do it like this and decide later when everything is done!

Aw, man! Your stuff is awesome!
And I never knew you could get rare earth magnets at Harbor Freight! I'll have to check it out next time I go in that store!
Now I don't have to scour all over the internet! :D
Thanks! :D

-Alexis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back