Macto Cognatus' Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeySB93

Hey y'all, I had been working on some stuff, and I hadn't posted the pics, so here they are. I made a forearm, printed out the other forearm and torso, and am making the shotgun. Sorry for the bad quality, I didn't use the camera I had been using.

Untitled_0003_0001.jpg

Untitled_0003_0002.jpg

And here are some photos of the shotgun [in progress] that I have yet to finish.

Untitled_0004_0001.jpg

Untitled_0004_0002.jpg

You can see the grip part in the back

Oh, and I was thinking about making the SD torso, but idk if I really want to make it. so many pages... Can you guys give me tips or something?

Even though the pics aren't the best quality, that forearm looks pretty well put together. And also in regards to whether or not to do the High Detail torso, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone that hasn't made their share of regular forms yet. But if you're crazy enough to tackle it I'd say go for it! :p

no no, SD, standard definition, not high def, I dont think I'll do that until I've completed a whole suit, but eventually.

Oh whoops :D I thought that said "HD" haha yeah the standard definition torso is relatively easy. But if it's still to many pages for ya I'd recomend the Halo 2 torso. It's a bit less detailed, but still looks similar enough to the Halo 3 torso that it wouldn't be an obvious flaw. Good luck! :)

Not to go off topic much, but I'd seriously recommend the HD torso. It makes life a load easier by reducing the sanding stage. Mostly, the only sanding you need to do is to sand the torso, and not spend eternity creating the details.

You can complete a full side of the torso, excluding the mind boggling mid-back details, in about a day or two if you work at my pace.

Just use Elmer's glue with toothpicks for that. If you want to use hot glue, keep yourself away from the HD torso. It has way too many small tabs for hot glue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back