Magnum Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanest

My first pepakura item i am ever going to try to resing and fiberglass/rondo! tell me what i am doing wrong and help me out, it would be greatly appreciated!

I'd prepare the folds before cutting the pieces out, that's easier while they're still part of the page. And I wouldn't cut out any pieces except the ones I need immediately, cutting them all out at once turns the whole thing into a giant puzzle.

Also note that Pepakura weapons are a lot more difficult than armour pieces, both to pep and to harden. If this is your first try, you may want to start with something simpler.

And finally, make sure to read the stickies. They're full of generic tips.

thanks ill try some of those out and i made a grenade out of ordinary paper yesterday and i didnt harden it so its not my first pep but it is my first fiberglass/rondo, bte which is better for weapon proprs fiberglass or rondo?

thanks ill try some of those out and i made a grenade out of ordinary paper yesterday and i didnt harden it so its not my first pep but it is my first fiberglass/rondo, bte which is better for weapon proprs fiberglass or rondo?

Well, think about it: How would you get the fibreglass inside the weapon?

That would destroy the shape, because you add material. It would also cover up any small details you may have pepped in countless hours of hard work.
now i see i would really appreciate it if you would help me through out this whole pep, i plan on making armor for a movie for my senior project

thanks and should i use a hot glue gun to put it all together or wat cuz there are a lot of small parts

thanks and should i use a hot glue gun to put it all together or wat cuz there are a lot of small parts

That's a matter of personal preference. Just plan ahead a little and don't use anything that gets dissolved by whatever you choose for hardening later. Have a look around the forums, you'll see lots of different glues.

Also remember to use a few punctuation marks every now and then. A post without them is like a meal without food.

what would be a better item to start with, maybe something like a shoulder pad or forearm cover?

ive always started with a helmet. easy enough but not too easy so there's still the challenge of building it. plus, if it's scaled correctly and completed, then you have something you can build off of and wear. if it doesn't fit, then you have a trial piece you can use to practice hardening and what not.

just my $.02

what would be a better item to start with, maybe something like a shoulder pad or forearm cover?

If you've never pepped anything, start with something small and low def, just so you get a feeling for the general concept. One or two pages worth of parts are enough, doesn't have to be armour related. After that, pretty much all armour pieces are easier to build than a weapon, because they are all open on at least one end and usually aren't a metre long and perfectly straight. Two open ends make pepping easier, one open end (on a helmet) makes the model more stable during resining.

I used to recommend starting with a hand piece and working your way up the arm, but lets face it: A forearm isn't necessarily easier to pep than a helmet. It all depends on the model. I still do recommend pepping neighbouring pieces one after another and one half of your body first, instead of both at once.

I would also recommend starting with something LD, and seeing if pep is the route for you, because foam is always a great alternative. Be sure to read up on the stickies, they will help by leaps and bounds. Glad to hear that you are starting a project, but get some pics up fast. Oh, and welcome! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back