Props Making a Plasma Grenade

Status
Not open for further replies.
ur kidding right...power balls are a HELL of a lot cheaper over here...i saw one a few days ago for lk £25...thats about $50 ish i think.....funnily enough the first thing i though of was a plasma grenade when i saw that lol...i'll probably pic one up for my odst!

I was thinking about taking these tennis-ball sized sytromfoam balls and then covering them in FIberglass resin. Then drill a hole to the center and put in an LED, wire it all to crap so that you hit a button on teh surface and it turns on. then you paint it this blue-y color taht randomly ive found down in my basement. I painted on for my Biology class and was like WOAH GIGANTIC PLASMA NADE. So i then asked my mom and she was like, check down in the basement. I know we've got some smaller. so i found them and this idea was born. the resin is just for support 'cause styrofoam balls get dented easily. and it would just be easier to paint to a complete coat. I'll shut up and let you guys decide whether I'm a fool and should go jump off a bridge or a good idea comer-upper and that i should live in my parents basement until death. Thanks (and no, I don't live in the basement)

Resin will melt Styrofoam. And Spase, should teh balls need further frosting, there is a "frosted glass" spray paint that can frost things.

i cant start a new topic so ill branch off in this one

heres mine in the makeing

[attachment=1475:100_4063.JPG]
[attachment=1476:picture_031.jpg]
[attachment=1477:picture_032.jpg]
[attachment=1478:picture_033.jpg]

its still not done bout half way gotta add some stuff and paint it :D

redragon74 said:

either that nade is close to to camera or you made it WAY too big!

Last edited by a moderator:
some one awhile ago posted a pic of thier plasma sword, they used light strips?
and then an orange part would look kicken.

redragon74 said:

That looks pretty good. Only thing is that the red button on the top looks funny but I assume you are going to paint that.
What was your method for making that plasma grenade?

yea im going to paint it i did measure it and i do actually think it is bigger like Rock said if i took the diameter right its double the size lol its 12'' round at the center

theres a hamster cage- habitrail ovo *mistake correction for all the times i put critter* i work in a petstore as stock worker and i threw one away and noticed the water bottle
that was the base but it fit perfectly in my hand it even had 2 lil indents on the sides wear i would be able to put those lil side lights and it was blue so i grabbed it

i wired on a simple circuit -
switch had 3 prongs 2 to the battery (9 v) and middle one is your positive to the Blue LED and the ground comes out to the common ground of battery

im going to put marbles in it to add to the dispersion of light and add another battery for extended time use and then add paint and detail

because the switch lights up and is rated at 12vs but the LED is only rated at 3 i can get away with a 9v and use enough for both partial light and its still bright as hell :) as for the size im willing to sacrifice that for it looking real cool and sweet when its done lol

well i had an idea but i think its not going to work. my idea was to take a raquet ball and cut it in half, put some LED lights in it, poke alot of tiny holes and then detail it

ok to make a plasma grenade i was thinking of 3 ways. on way that you could do it is make this http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoID=20775321 and cover it with resin a cople of times before it melts, then drill a little hole so you can drain the water, or instead of using double a's you could make these http://youtube.com/watch?v=YjTP_T-wR9w and the follow the instructions on the myspace vid. or, you could make a throwie (you tube video) and cut a little hole in a tennis ball and then fill it with see through resin, then pop the led part of the throwie in the hole and let it dry (might take a while) then cut the tennis ball in half. then you just have to put the batery in and you have a good plasma grenade. If you don't understand, pm me and i'll try to explain it better.

did you get the throwies from my post? anyway its a good idea, even better put some black powder in the middle with a fuse then light fuse, throw and watch as throwies are catapulted evrywere

pacbury said:
did you get the throwies from my post? anyway its a good idea, even better put some black powder in the middle with a fuse then light fuse, throw and watch as throwies are catapulted evrywere

I probably did get it from your post :D

I ordered a Power Ball with blue LED lights. I wish I had waited and purchased blue led juggling balls. :cautious: The 70-75 mm diameter lighted jugglers look pretty frickin close to the plasma g.

Do a web search for juggling balls or Acrylic balls. I am sure you could buy a 3" Acrylic ball drill a hole in it and instert a blue LED into it. Bam! There you go one sticky g.

However, Redragon47 very cool plasma grenade. I am a little confused on what you used. Is it a water bottle or one of those balls you put the hamster into let them roll around the house? I would like to try to build one.

Recieved my Dyna-Flex ball today. It is a let down for a plasma nade but gives you a hell of a arm pump. That is once you figure out how to get it going, and practice the technique the Power Ball is a good work out but is not a plasma grenade.

Of cource you could make one out of it.

How big are the plasma grenades? I cant really tell in-game cause theyre so oversized they look like honeydew melons on the ground. I have this clear case that a bunch of apples came in and theres about 20 of them which I think will work pretty well.

Acr1d said:
How big are the plasma grenades? I cant really tell in-game cause theyre so oversized they look like honeydew melaons on the ground. I have this clear case that a bunch of apples came in and theres about 20 of them.

15.2 cm, or 6 inches. According to the Halo Wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back