Making a suit for paintball

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my mates didnt use the proper clothing too. He wanted to go hardcore, just a vest and undies underneath a coverall. long story short, a paintball caused a blister/cut on his back about the size of a bottlecap and it got infected and he was inhospital for a week coz of it. he acted tough like it'll get better. it went green and pussy and gross, the doctor had to remove bits of plastic and s**t from it.

Leadingspartan said:
IT is almost impossible to make Spartan armor that will stand up to paintball, im pretty sure Seans, Adams, or anyone elses high quality "Tough" armor can even take a shot out of a custom tippman 98, or anyother ones. Most of the mods already said that it is impossible unless you use medal, witch would be 1) HOT 2) HEAVY and 3) gonna be hard to build. Hope that helps.

-leadingspartan.

nighmare armor did it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
already said that it is impossible unless you use medal, witch would be 1) HOT 2) HEAVY and 3) gonna be hard to build. Hope that helps.
not truee... you can use plaster molds and cast it through plaster and itll be able to stand up to pain ball... and if you dont think so you can just put a thin layer of metal on top of it and you spelt metal wrong :cautious: and yeaaa metal would be reaaaaaaaaaally cold not hot again... :cautious: and 3 you could use a light weight metal.. :p

Placing 1.5mm Aluminium plates under your Mjolnir will provide sufficient protection against paint balls and small caliber fire arms. Durable, light and most important of all: They don't rust. (it's not that they don't rust, Aluminium plates become water proof after rust, do not suffer a "dramatic" change of color like Iron and would not spoil your armor when they rust.)

After reading the whole thread I still fail to grasp the fact that someone wants to run around a paintball field in hard armor. Anyone that's played more than a couple times knows hard objects break paintballs so they try to limit the amount of hard stuff in places likely to get hit. So when somebody wants to turn themselves into a head to toe 'hard target' is beyond me. :unsure: In paintball, if you get hit and it don't break, you're still in the game, if it breaks, you're out. To survive a game you need to either not get hit or minimize the chance of breakage if you do get hit.

Moz said:
Do whatever you want but
DO NO RELY ON THE VISOR TO PROTECT YOUR EYES, USE PROPER EYE PROTECTION. WEAR THE GOOGLES INSIDE THE HELMET AND EITHER FIND A WAY TO MOUNT THE VISOR TO THE GOGGLES OR USE NO VISOR AT ALL.

MOTORCYCLE SHIELDS WILL SPALL, SENDING SMALL PLASTIC SHARDS INTO YOUR EYES.

have you even actually seen that?
i think not. motorcycle face shields hold up to small rocks hitting them at 50mph or more and if you have your paintball gun at the usual FPS 250-300 it shouldn't do anything to the mask.

It's not for practicality, but probably bad *ssery... personally I think it'd be hilarious/awesome to see someone running around in armor... but only if it's not a competition... And i'm somewhat certain MOST (not all, depends on alot) armor/face shield would easily withstand a paintball

im pretty sure if he wants to wear armor in paintball it isnt going to be a serious game.

i like how the kid 2 pages back gave the play by play of what would happen :rolleyes
i agree with Spase, people trying ot make others look stupid is getting OLD.

ive made alot of fiberglass iems, speaker boxes etc. when you get to sound system contest, not and SQ contest but SPL. the pressure levels inside those boxes is riduculous. i am very confident fiberglass peices would stand up to paintball hits.

personally i own a Model 98Custom, modded pretty nicely, flatline barrel etc. and i know i could shoot my unfinished helm and itd hold up. paintballs break on bare skin for gods sake, i doubttheyd hit with enough impact to break 7 layers of fiberglass.

my advice is to create a "cut-down" armor. wearing full armor with an undersuit is gonna be HOT.

Ok im really tired of seeing this post everywhere. Ok for starters NAS armor is not pep armor its not as fragile. Armor such as adams and Sean's and Nas's can be paintballed in. But just to show you why it shouldnt be done here is a small list:

1. First of all im your put the time in to make a cool nice looking paintball/Mjonir armor suit your going to be constantly worrying about it. Did i break it wait the cod piece is coming off ect. You would constanly be worried about whats happening to the armor.

2. Secondly I have personally made a pep helmet. The helmet I made was an old low res that i have put 2 outer layers of resin and 1 fiberglass inside layer. This helmet was completely destroyed by the first paintball that struck it. IMO it would take alot to make completly paintball proof armor. So in all a PEP helmet is a horrible paintball choice. Maybe not 1 layer of fiberglass cloth is enough but there was absolutely no resistance at all. The one layer did nothing whatsever to affect the paintball.

3. The visor is the biggest problem of all. The paintball field owners could care less for your example of a rock hitting it at 50 mph. All they care about is the liability on them in the event the visor does break.

cant see there being a problem with the armor long as u make sure all ur movements ain't imper by the armor
as for it getting knocked about and damaged u should be expecting some with all the rolling around and diving
for cover more than the rest of ur m8s you could always make a part of ur armor from different mats to see
what holds up the best

the visor will be the big problem to sort out bike visors are made to with stand stones being flicked up whilst ur
on ur bike so have to be able to with stand things being flicked at from time to time un like the paint ball masks
visor where they get blasted on a more frequent scale of time so i would recommend using a paint ball mask and
just doing some mods to it

man this topic is old, people wont think ur "badass" theyll think ur nerdy

it restricts ur movements, you cant roll and stuff, the paintballs will splat if they hit your armor meaning your out but if it hits ur body it might not pop, meaning u can play on,

ull snap it if u try anything

just dont bother, its a dumb and dangerous idea

this is a COSTUMING site, not a protection site

SniperMaster11 said:
after making the armor use a resin like rhino liner.

(don't use rhino liner but some thing that works on the same basics.)

its a dumb idea altogether

stop being a pussy and take the hits

this topic is an
teabagg.png

SniperMaster11 said:
so you mean like this?

yes like that, if youre good enough at paintballing,

1) you wont get hit as much
2) you get used to the hits anyway

you dont need some fatass armour that stops you from moving properly

Zenzeigan said:
yes like that, if youre good enough at paintballing,

1) you wont get hit as much
2) you get used to the hits anyway

you dont need some fatass armour that stops you from moving properly
You do realize you can get killed like this, right? All it takes is one paintball to hit your temple, and you're dead, just like that. Also, you can get severely injured playing like this as well. Be smart, wear the safety equipment they make for the sport. You don't see football players playing games without pads, do you?

Go ahead, be "hardcore," and when the doctors asked you why you didn't play with the correct safety equipment, being "hardcore" won't help the fact that you have a tear in your abdomen, or a ruptured spleen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back