Making a suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, sorry for the slow updates. It started to snow not long after my last post. And the garage I'm working out of is horribly uninsulated. But I do have some more progress pics of the chest piece.

I resined and glassed in sections to avoid warping as suggested, and I believe it turned out great. The lines are where I'm going to cut it in half, though I'm going to wait for that until I get it painted. But before the gloss coat.

If thats a bad idea, just point it out, thanks.

DSCF4285.jpg

DSCF4284.jpg

DSCF4283.jpg

DSCF4282.jpg

DSCF4285.jpg

DSCF4284.jpg

DSCF4283.jpg

DSCF4282.jpg

Ok, sorry for the long wait for an update. The cold kind of discouraged me. But with a con just around the corner, I'd better get my ass in gear. Also, I did make the chest piece too small, as in not wide enough for the 14 or so inches wide for the bottom of the piece.

I'll finish it up in between my other work, and if anyone wants it, just ask. Unless of course I haven't been here long enough to sell off my work.

Here is the left boot.
DSCF4288.jpg

DSCF4287.jpg

DSCF4286.jpg

DSCF4288.jpg

DSCF4287.jpg

DSCF4286.jpg

Awsome work man! The peping is smooth and I wish you luck on your MK-VI armor. I'll be watching this. Keep up the good work!

Ok, I blame minecraft. This month will be Homefront. Thats why I haven't updated in a bit.

BUT, I intend to get this project done by April 20th. Thats just over a month and a half.

Here is the right thigh piece. Four angles and the next batch of parts.

DSCF4293.jpg

DSCF4292.jpg

DSCF4295.jpg

DSCF4294.jpg

DSCF4297.jpg

Hand plates, left thigh, left forearm, and the right boot. The thigh is scaled near perfect for my leg, though a smidge tight. The hand plates are exactly one page each, and should be scaled just right for my hands. The forearm, thigh and boot are scaled the same as their counter parts.

I'm going to try and get a set of HD shins as well, the two I have done would just throw the whole thing off IMO. Also, it seems that I have some good luck with choosing not to use supports. I've had very little warping, aside from what was shown in the other pics.

The chest peice I was working on, I let a friend of mine work on.

DSCF4293.jpg

DSCF4292.jpg

DSCF4295.jpg

DSCF4294.jpg

DSCF4297.jpg

Hey, nice to see you've got an update. Awsome thighs. Also I dont know if you have already thought of this or not, but on Thorsolli's suit he just made one simetrical shin then casted two more. Just an idea. Keep it up!

Zachrack

I'll have to make another thigh because the file I'm using isn't symmetrical, but otherwise thats a great idea.

Got the cod piece finished.

DSCF4309.jpg

DSCF4308.jpg

DSCF4310.jpg

DSCF4309.jpg

DSCF4308.jpg

DSCF4310.jpg

Hand plates are done. Will start on the left thigh in a few hours. Also, I forgot to print it with the edge numbers >.<

DSCF4312.jpg

DSCF4312.jpg

Working without edge numbers isn't to hard; you just got to use the computer to find where everything goes. Nice to see a lot of work done!

Zachrack

Got one shin down. An HD shin to be precise.

That string on the side, I super glued it to place while I was holding it to take out some warpage. It worked great! But the string started to smoke visibly when the glue was being applied.

DSCF9031.jpg

DSCF9028.jpg

DSCF9031.jpg

DSCF9028.jpg

Wow, nice pepping! It looks great! I can't wait to see your start on bondo and resining the stuff! Good luck.

Zachrack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back