mandatory temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weslicon

Jr Member
I heard someone say that in order for resin/fiberglass to cure properly it had to be 60 degrees or above, does it absolutely HAVE to be 60 or above or will it just take longer to cure at colder temperatures? it won't mess it up or anything will it?

it just takes longer to cure. It is preferable to do it when its hot out so that it dries faster. I resined at night once and it took 3 hours to dry when during the day it took 30 minutes

its not absolutely necesarry, but the 60 degrees is recomended. it will cure at colder temperatures, but much slower. you would be surprised how much a small change in tempereature can affect cure times. i live in texas, and i was using some smooth cast 300Q which has about a 1 min working time before it gels. i had 20-30 secs. i would recommend using extra hardener beyond what it says.

Not necessary, but helpful, unless you need more time for some reason. Just keep in mind it'll take awhile for the resin to harden if you keep it stored in a cooler environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back