Marine Helmet/armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anubis117 said:
Dang, very very nice!

you say you've been sculpting how long?

About a month but I have been costuming, armour and blade smithing, welding, wood working, modding and painting figure models and wargaming models and terrain, and the list goes on for ever. That almost 30 yrs experience has actually come into play a bit ecspecially the armoursmithing and painting.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Privateer said:
About a month but I have been costuming, armour and blade smithing, welding, wood working, modding and painting figure models and wargaming models and terrain, and the list goes on for ever. That almost 30 yrs experience has actually come into play a bit ecspecially the armoursmithing and painting.

Cheers!

most impressive. i have to say i've learned a lot during my time here on the forums from those like you that are skilled among us. i really enjoy watching your work.

I have to say you have the most impressive work. You say you have about 30 years experience but you have been blessed with a natural gift. You deffinately have the eye for detail, I only hope that once i get the funding that my peps and sculpts will be half as good as yours.

The fact that you were able to get this level of detail out of Van Akin is incredible. I HATE that stuff. Stinks terribly and sticks to your hands so much more than oil based clay.

How in the world did you get those scoring lines curving along the top part of the helmet so precise? Was that freehand?

<Impressed.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yodajammies @ Apr 8 2009, 07:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The fact that you were able to get this level of detail out of Van Akin is incredible. I HATE that stuff. Stinks terribly and sticks to your hands so much more than oil based clay.

How in the world did you get those scoring lines curving along the top part of the helmet so precise? Was that freehand?

<Impressed.</div>

Yeah I freehand and eyeball everything just use a small metal scale to check distances for the mostpart.

Cheers!

First off your Pilot Helm turned out Great so much detail it's unbeleivable... EPIC!!! and the way the marine helm is looking so far it's most definately going to have the same result, Can't wait to see the finished product and any future projects you conjure up

Well after a long wait while I finished some other projects I was finally able to sling some pink stuff at it. Ill hopefully if all goes well with the mothermould be able to pull my first cast sometime tomorrow . Now Im off to bed took way longer than I thought getting the rebound how I wanted lol.

Cheers!

(Edit for update)

I finished the silicone late lastnight and then started on the mothermould early today. I tried a couple of different things with this one, I used the sigma foil method to get my division line. I also tried a little burlap instead of glass to see if its possible to make it cheaper. I also used some really thick glass banding to make the edges stronger for a longer lasting mould.

On to the pics!

P5020138.jpg

P5020136.jpg

P5030139.jpg

P5030142.jpg

and the first pull! I still need to sand and do a little heat shaping to it because I pulled it green not knowing how easy it would be to remove from the mould.

P5030146.jpg

P5030147.jpg

P5030148.jpg

Cheers!

P5030150.jpg

HOLY CRAP Look at the Depth of them lines. I swear man it looks exactly like the master. You did a awesome job!

Ithica said:
is that one mine..hahahahahhaa....once again you pulled it off...great job

Ithica

LOL Yours will be next Im almost out of plastic again and the damm comp guy is charging us 300 bones to fix up the CEO's work comp. gonna have to take out a loan to get everything I need for this weekend lol.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back