Marine Helmet/armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all I need to know if thats your Challenger out front? If so no more discounts for you. :D Awesome ride if its yours.. I been thinking about getting a new Camaro, my 93 is rough.
Second, I just have to say nice job.
Third, when you say thick glass banding are you referring to fiber glass around the edges embedded in the mother mold?
Fourth, are you putting the burlap in the mother mold as well?
Fifth, you are using fiberglass resin as the mother right?
Sixth, how do you like the way it turned out doing that?

smick6 said:
First of all I need to know if thats your Challenger out front? If so no more discounts for you. :D Awesome ride if its yours.. I been thinking about getting a new Camaro, my 93 is rough.
Second, I just have to say nice job.
Third, when you say thick glass banding are you referring to fiber glass around the edges embedded in the mother mold?
Fourth, are you putting the burlap in the mother mold as well?
Fifth, you are using fiberglass resin as the mother right?
Sixth, how do you like the way it turned out doing that?

first. I wish it was my ride actually its the comp repair guys now I see how he affords it lol. 175 nos kit all the ecu systems reprogramed barola exaust lots of go fast stuff.

second. Thanks!

third. its like a webbing material I got from work I soaked it in resin then ran a strip along the edges to strengthen it so I can make it thin in the larger areas to save weight.

Fourth. The burlap was used as a cheap replacement for glass cloth just in a test area. One its a pain to smoothout and will not shape around corners worth a damm. two its rough and was a pain to get smoothed out.

fifth. Yep its resin and glassmat cheap lightwieght and strong.

sixth. Yes love it I have made all of my mothermoulds from glass and resin much cheaper and lighter than plasti paste or plaster.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
You should send a some copies down to Bungie, the concept art guys would go CAHRAIZEEE!!! ( Crazy if you didn't get my spelling. ) lol. :p Nice JEEEOOORRRBBBBB!!! ( Job.) ;)

Well I couldnt resist I had to throw a paintjob on it lol I still need to put the padding and the goggles in but its close to a done deal. :D

front-marine.gif

back-marine.gif

left-marine.gif

right-marine-1.gif

And it wieghs probally in the area of 1.5 to 2 lbs lighter than my pilot by far.

Cheers!

That's just gorgeous - the master was great but seeing it with a pro paint-job makes all the difference! Really top notch :not worthy:

Airbrushing in the grooves? Looks like it. Great paint job. What method do you use for the large silver parts, weathered parts, chunks of paint missing, whatever you call it? Some people apply a silver base coat, then put a masking of some sort on, then paint the normal color and pull of the masking. What is your technique? Awesome work.

I lay down a silver basecoat then mask it with liquid latex. Ill find the link to my painting tut inna bit for ya

Cheers!

Privateer said:
I lay down a silver basecoat then mask it with liquid latex. Ill find the link to my painting tut inna bit for ya

Cheers!

Its all good, I am sure I watched it already. I just dont remember everything I read or watch on here, to much info overload. :D
I have used the liquid latex as well, it does a good job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back